Where's the cheapest place to get GC stickers?

robotman

Where is the cheapest place to get the 5x10" geocaching stickers for ammo boxes? I see that the stickers are all about $2 each, but the shipping is ridiculously expensive!

I want to order 10 stickers and there is $7 shipping from Geocaching.com store and over $9 shipping from GPSCity.com (that says the stickers weigh 7 lbs)!

Why is shipping so expensive?! Any cheaper alternatives for the same stickers?

Thanks.

The Robot Family

Not sure about the same sticker, but SkyDiver has some alternatives here.

Or if you can use a stencil, take a look here, you can either buy the stencils with only $1.50 shipping and handling on any order under $10 or click the PDF file, print and cut them out yourself for free. (Yes, it's my site. No, it's not finished or really ready for public viewing, but you can get closer to your goal.)

Hope this helps!

CR

72057_2000.gif

Thanks for the info.

I don't think spraypaint and stencils would get along with me. I'm too messy. ;-)

The Skydiver link has some good alternatives, but their shipping is still high at $5.

Either all these stickers are much heavier than I think, or someone is making a lot of money on shipping! It's too bad no one can just ship the stickers in an envelope for $1-2.

The Robot Family

I haven't researched it at all, but if you have a laser printer maybe you can find some heavy duty printing labels and just print some yourself. Possibly at Office Depot or Max there would be unformatted 8.5x11 label stock that you could make into 3 Geocaching stickers per page.

Of course in the end it might wind up being more expensive to do that than just buy them online.

Team Kender - "The Sun is coming up!" "No, the horizon is going down."

I printed up the JPG from the online store with my inkjet and had it laminated at Kinko's for a buck or two, then used double-sided tape to stick it to the outside of an ammo box. My priority was time rather than money, but setup seems to work good. I never did place the cache, but the ammo can spent the next six months rolling around in the back of my pickup exposed to the weather and it's fine.

Jamie

I just called GPSCity.com and told them that their website said 10 stickers weighed 7 lbs. They were surprised and took my order over the phone. The cheapest UPS shipping you could get online is $4.50, but over the phone they were willing to put the stickers in an envelope and send it normal mail for only a couple dollars.

Kudos to GPSCity.com!

The Robot Family

quote:
Originally posted by The Robot Family:

The Skydiver link has some good alternatives, but their shipping is still high at $5.

FYI. The info is a little burried on the 'shipping options' page. I'll see if I can make it more accessible.

quote:

If you order stickers and no other products, you may choose USPS First class mail as your shipping option. Shipping rates are $.60 for the first sticker, $.10 for each additional sticker. International orders are not eligible for USPS shipping.

skydiver-sig.gif

---------------------------------------

"We never seek things for themselves -- what we seek is the very seeking of things."

Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)

Oops... my fault on not reading the Skydiver shipping page all the way through. I just saw the cheapest rate as $5 in the first table and didn't scroll down to see the "Sticker Shipping" rate lower on the page.

I see you also have the rate on the sticker page itself. I was so focused on looking at the stickers, that I didn't bother reading anything and I scrolled right past the shipping description when I was looking at the stickers. Maybe you can make the font a little bigger or put "SPECIAL SHIPPING RATE" in big letters next to the paragraph about shipping on the sticker page.

Thanks for clarifying things. I'll definitely order some Skydiver stickers next time I order!

John

The Robot Family

quote:
Originally posted by Sissy-n-CR:

Or if you can use a stencil, take a look http://www.hotsigns.com/sth/store.shtml, you can either buy the stencils with only $1.50 shipping and handling on any order under $10

Very cool... I am used to cutting out my own stencils for air brushing, but at this price I just placed my order! Thanks!

Live to Cache... Cache to Live...

quote:
Originally posted by The Robot Family:

I see you also have the rate on the sticker page itself. I was so focused on looking at the stickers, that I didn't bother reading anything and I scrolled right past the shipping description

No you didn't. icon_wink.gif I just added that last night. I figured if you missed that section on the sticker shipping charges, then other people probably were too.

Sorry I didn't clarify sooner , but I spent all weekend on a geocaching expedition, and it took a while to catch up on everything when I got home. I know it's a lame excuse, but it's the only one I have.

At any rate, if you privately email me your mailing address, I'll send you a few stickers for your troubles.

skydiver-sig.gif

"We never seek things for themselves -- what we seek is the very seeking of things."

Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)