Members Only Ftf

I am about to place a new cache this week and was debating wether to make it a members only cache until a FTF has been recorded and then make it available to all or after a set period of time (one week). Would this bring howls of outrage or a chorus of approval ?. Let me know your opinions (stands back to take the flak). Depending on which way these replies go i will set our cache accordingly.

It's your cache, you call the shots! If you place it as a Premium cache you could leave it like that forever if you wish. However, FTF aside, you are being generous in making it available, after a short period of time, for non-premium members. What considerate people you are!

Keep up the good work!

I suppose some might think this stupid question - but, are there actually any "members only" caches?

We live in Berks and there are around 200 caches within 20 miles of where we live but, so far as we can see, none are members only.

Anyone know if there are any in the UK?

Thanks

Edited by Birders

We couldn't agree more, Mady... and having paid up for Premium Membership we've yet to find any real benefits to us. However, the small amount involved does hopefully reward the huge amount of work which those who run the site put into making this magical hobby and for that we were very happy to fork out.

Just had a look in the 100 mile radius area from our house in mid Cornwall, Out of 267 caches only three are member only's.

One of local cachers (Nawtcher) usually makes any new caches he sets out "Member Only" for the first couple of months and then reverts them to normal caches.

I suppose some might think this stupid question - but, are there actually any "members only" caches?

We live in Berks and there are around 200 caches within 20 miles of where we live but, so far as we can see, none are members only.

Thanks

Yep, I have one in North Wales, you should pop by sometime.

We couldn't agree more, Mady... and having paid up for Premium Membership we've yet to find any real benefits to us.

I see it more as me putting something back in to the cost of the sport for the guys that maintain the sites which make this sport posible. Plus I do like the "Pocket Query" option that you have

As for the FTF Idea, i have no problems with that, great idea

I made one of my caches a members only cache, mainly in the hope that some more local cachers would become premium members to be able to log it as a find. Since then, three more local cachers have become premium members :P .

I have a members only cache very near my house, so I paid to join and log that one effectively. It was only after I had joined that I realised the other benefits of membership available to me.

So yes, there are members only caches :anitongue:

<<I see it more as me putting something back in to the cost of the sport for the guys that maintain the sites which make this sport posible. >>

Exactly, although re-reading our posting it doesn't look like we conveyed that too well!!

We might well take the tip about "recruiting" Premium members and make our next couple "members only"..

:anibad: I thank you very much (in a poor Elvis impersonation) bet you didn't think it would be us  :P

Well done, the betting was Kids - MarcB, Mark - Jilly and Gray, Lynn - Snerdbe.

We spent most of Sunday afternoon just watching the visits tick over.

Would recomend this to other members for initial setting of thei

r caches. BTW the cache is now available to all. :wacko: