Time For Caching

GeoFD

You betcha. Nothin' like waking up at 5, starting the coffee pot, and heading out the door at 6 to have a full day of caching fun. I also like to stay out really late. The lastest/earliest cache we've ever done was at 2 am, when my friend and I saw the cache get approved. We looked at each other and said "Let's do it!" Of course, we came back empty handed after an hour of crawling around in a little forest with flashlights. Came back the next day, and finally found it after another hour of searching. And yes, we did get the FTF on that one.

~Jared

We've done a couple when we're after a FTF where we'll wake before dawn to arrive at the cache site just as it's getting light. There's nothing better than sitting with a cache box on the top of a hill watching the sun come up.

A couple of examples...

Yin Yang

Modern Cavemen

and again for the solstice

Cheers,

Stu

Edited by stu_and_sarah

I like to sleep late, so I've woken up early to go caching only once (at 4 or 5 am) when I was supposed to meet my friend in his home town after his work late in the afternoon. I used the whole morning and afternoon to search the caches in his town before he got away from work. Plus, there was a cache which could be found only in darkness, so that was another reason to go there very early.

According to the cat, 5:30 is as late as a human being should be allowed to sleep. She starts with some kneading. While most cats go knead...knead...knead...purr, she goes PokePokePokePokePokeMEOW! If that doesn't work, she dashes up and down the prostrate human form, crying. Then, once you get up, she forgets why she wanted you up and crawls into a brown paper bag for a nap.

Just as well, really. I like to be up and out in the cool of the morning. No traffic, chance to see some wildlife. And somehow, nobody thinks you're up to no good if you're prowling around in the early morning.

Edited because I somehow keep hitting a key combination that's the equivalent of hitting Post. I wonder what it is...

Edited by AuntieWeasel

At least your cat only goes pokepokepoke. Joey (pictured at left) goes Meow...Meow...Meow...Meow...rub rub rub nudge nudge nudge BITE BITE SCRATCH MEOW MEOW MEOW. You finally get up, and he wants his food topped off. Won't eat in the morning unless you pour more food in the bowl - EVEN if the bowl is completely full. All you have do is add a few pieces of food. The next reply had better be about what time someone gets up for caching or they're going to close this topic :(

When my eyes open, I'm awake. Must check for new caches, must decide game plan for the day, must cache cache cache! I've woken up at 4:30 and checked for caches. It's usually the first thing I do when I wake up.

Anytime is the right time!

Edited by Firehouse16
Does anyone wake up really early to go caching?

Sure!

I'm an early riser anyway so for me its a great way to start out the day. Sometimes I can get a couple of caches in before the boys' soccer, baseball, basketball, etc. games on the weekends.

One time I was attending a conference in Pacific Grove, California. I'd get up at 4:30 am (6:30 am Chicago time) grab some coffee at the local convenience store and then cache until the conference began at 9:00. Though doing that 4 days in a row wiped me out.

I frequently will leave earlier than necessary to attend an early morning meeting and grab a couple of caches when I arrive. That way I can beat the morning rush hour too.

George