Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Bilder

I Passed My Tech!

Just passed my tech exam today. Got the chance to talk to some of the local hams and had a good time.

Should be on the air in 10-14 days.

Thanks for the tips and advice from this forum. Helped make the process much easier.

Congratulations! Glad to hear you're soon to be on the air. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. I can't guarantee that I'll be able to answer them, but I'll do my best to help however I can.

I helped a friend get his Tech ticket, the VEC had input the results to the FCC site and he had his callsign within 36 hours.

Yes, 36 hours. She doesn't mail them in, there's a website that she said almost all VEC's have access to and can do the same thing.

Congrats Bilder!

What did you use as study materials?

Todd - K7PKT

it only took me about 4 days to get mine... keep checking the database

Gloom aka W7MVG (ex KD7TGL)

I used the Now You're Talking book and the practice tests on eham and qrz websites. Book makes it pretty easy to understand.

I scored 33 out of 35 on the test.

Now to get the wife her ticket.

Wow,

That was fast!

Take the test on Saturday and I have my callsign on Monday.

I am KL1RO!

Happy you got your ticket. My first radio was an ADI-200 ? I think. 5watt HT on 2meters with a 12v battery. Next when Xmas came I bought a Icom 2000H. about $135 or so. If I could doit again I would by my ICOM 2000H mobile first. Because you get more use in the car. NOW what I did not know is if you own a car. HT are great in the city but limited in the suburbs. BUT you learn alot from just listening in on your HT. THe only draw back are the recharable batteries will last maybe 2 years and then go down hill. With a Mobile Antenna and car adapter you will do just about as good as most mobile units do in town. :lol: