Sd Memory Sizes For Meridian

I don't know of any reports - positive or negative - of cards above 512MB in Meridians.

Certain brands of cards have a compat problem with Meridians that was fixed in version 5.x firmware for all Meridians except green & yellow. For those, it was fixed in 4.05 which isn't available in Magellan's web site. You have to either pester Magellan for it or get it from the yahoogroup listed in the FAQ below.

I have a MeriGreen and I tried a 128MB and I couldn't get it to work.

I'm using a 32MB now with no problems.

How big were the files? There is an upload size limit. I don't re-call what but I remember I had to upload the western US topos in about 4 or 5 chunks.

How big were the files? There is an upload size limit. I don't re-call what but I remember I had to upload the western US topos in about 4 or 5 chunks.

The region sizes can be changed to 64 megs, you can find out how to do it at the magellan yahoo groups.

Although I keep my regions to around 32 megs, they seem to load a lot faster and with less problems.