Burning Man

Bjorn74

A group of cachers in Ohio is collectively considering heading out to Nevada next August for Burning Man. If there are enough cachers, we could create a Location(less) Theme Camp. I figure we'd need to know if we could pull it off fairly early, so I'll test the waters a month before 2004's.

Burning Man on the Web

If we did a Theme Camp it would be fun to base it on Location and Locationless if we can tie it into the main theme. It would be an inside joke for forumsters but a philosophical dilemma in spite of it. "Are we really here or are we just brains/minds floating in a scientist's vat or test tube?" I think it would be fun, anyway...

Really just curious more than anything.

Burning Man is fine and dandy, but the best time to go to the Black Rock is when there aren't 10,000 people there. We make a handful of trips to the area every year and, if anyone is interested, we'd be happy to meet up with others and show them some of the sights. You can see a few of my pictures of the area here; I hope to add some better pictures soon.

Edited by cache_us_if_you_can

I have soooooo wanted to go to this event even before they settled on Black Rock Desert as a regular venue. :lol:

One day I'll grow huevos enough to make it there. :blink: I check the website after every event. :lol:

Burning Man seems like my kind of fun!

But then, if you already read my profile, you KNEW that.

SNOOG7.jpg

I have soooooo wanted to go to this event even before they settled on Black Rock Desert as a regular venue. :lol:

One day I'll grow huevos enough to make it there. :blink: I check the website after every event. :lol:

SNOOG7.jpg

Snoogans, we should get together and plan a trip for next year.

I have soooooo wanted to go to this event even before they settled on Black Rock Desert as a regular venue. :D

One day I'll grow huevos enough to make it there.  :blink: I check the website after every event.  :lol:

SNOOG7.jpg

Ya know, I don't think I could paint my body red and run around nekkid :P with someone I already know...... Well, except maybe Mystery Woman. :lol:

I'm guessin' if there's a blue nekkid guy runnin' around, that'd be you?

SNOOG7.jpg

I have soooooo wanted to go to this event even before they settled on Black Rock Desert as a regular venue. :D

One day I'll grow huevos enough to make it there.  :lol: I check the website after every event.  :P

SNOOG7.jpg

Ya know, I don't think I could paint my body red and run around nekkid :D with someone I already know...... Well, except maybe Mystery Woman. :lol:

I'm guessin' if there's a blue nekkid guy runnin' around, that'd be you?

SNOOG7.jpg

Rats...I've got to think of another costume idea now :blink:

Well, I hate to say it, but planning a trip to a non-geocaching event really isn't what these forums are for. This event would not be suitable for a geocaching event cache either honestly. While the event is something I have heard of, it is not geocaching related.

To celebrate the end of the topic I will post a photo of the burning man as he ends his yearly rule over the event. I hope you have fun if you go out there.

steve.11486.jpgsteve.11490.jpg