Unusual Moments While Out Caching

I could not believe what happened today.

We were on our way home via the Horseshoe Pass in North Wales.

Take a look at our log for Bikes And Bolshy Sheep (the photo of Joan's Sheepish Friend).

We stopped for a cuppa at the top. While we were there. I made a new friend who was all for getting in the car and coming home with us. (I would have let her) but Mark put his foot down with a firm hand. (only joking I wouldn't have dreamt of it)She was there with all her friends and as we left she moved on to the next car that parked up.

Joan

largeblink.gif

Edited by Cave Troll & Joan

Quite an appropriate time for this subject to start as just the other day....

Whilst doing a house of Boo cache on Tuesday me and my mate Richard, who was out on his second cache trip, had just found the cache and were returning to the car. We were on a hill surrounded by a Golf course but there was no one about and it was very quiet, civilisation wise. We rounded a corner and to our surprise, about 50-100 metres in front of us, walking on a footpath running adjacent to the one we were walking, was a completely nude, very suntanned, bald man. At first I thought 'nude rambler' and had a little laugh to myself but 5 seconds later he turned, clocked eyes on us, and ran full pelt into a large area of bushes!

All very random! I did add a warning to the cache page just in case he makes it a regular thing. :o

We were doing the Spofforth Stroll cache last week.. passing the 17th hole on the golf course, three golfers had just tee-d off when a dog wandered onto the fairway, picked up one of the balls and walked off with it. The dog then came over to us for a bit of throw & fetch, so I retrieved the slimy ball and handed it back to the chap who went on to play a good shot to the green.

Just thought I'd add today's incident here for your amusement...

Ah, yes, the eternal dilemma when asked by muggles what you're doing. It's happened to me about 5-6 times, and generally I tell them the truth. However, you look like a total pillock if you then come up with a DNF, especially if the muggles have been helping you for 15 minutes.

This happened to me in Canada... the fact that the DNF wasn't my fault as the cache was indeed gone, did not make me feel much less of a pillock when I got home. The poor guy who'd helped me (he'd been out walking his dog) must have thought I was a complete nutter. Still, could have been the USA, he'd probably have called me in as a terrorist suspect (with a "suspicious foreign accent" to boot).

I was out caching Friday night in the Oxford area. Covered about half a dozen caches most being located on a disused canal out in the middle of nowhere. Used the MTB with halogen light and cycle helmet with three halogen lights and proceeded to hurtle around the countryside.

It was about three in the morning as I pulled off a track onto the country road when I was passed by police car in a hurry. As I turned onto the main road another heading in the same direction. Then another and another. I began to wonder, are they out chasing UFOs?!