Help On How To Find Out Co-ords

Hello,

On Monday I'm going on holiday to Spain - and I'd quite like to go Geocaching there. But I need to find caches close to Valencia & Alicante :o . How do I find out Co-ords for these places, or the UTM Grid Reference? Is it even possible or do I just have to browse through all Spanish caches??

Thanks

Joe :D:D:huh:

I just did a google search for "Alicante Lat Lon" and got 38.3N 0.6W

Of course those are decimal degrees, but I'm sure it wouldn't take me long to convert them to degrees and minutes...

I'm sure you can do the same for other destinations!

Bob Aldridge

Edited - I can't spell "Google"! :-)

Edited by Belplasca

"With 11 kilometres of coastline, Calpe actually has twelve sandy beaches most with promenades and lots of bars, restaurants and shops. Calpe is on the Southeast coast of Spain, between Valencia and Alicante, about 15 miles north of Benidorm."

"The Club Nautical of Calpe is in the locality of Calpe. Behind the Nautical Club sits the Rock of Ifach which is the symbol of Costa Blanca, the White Coast. The coordinates are 38º 38º 04 North Latitude and 0º East longitude."

From these co-ords I found the nearest cache, about 3 miles away, and pulled up all the nearby caches on a list for ya!

Listed Thusly

Hope that helps! :o