No Geocaching In Boston Next Week

I can think of worse things than someone blowing up a building full of Democrats  :lol:

Well, I'm sure the Secret Service is hacking into the Groundspeak servers to get information on you as I write this. :lol:

I'm sure the next ring Hydee answers will be from an agent.

SNOOG8.jpg

BTW- Thanks thinking before you post. :blink:

Edited by Snoogans
Simply put, if I'm going to be considered a law breaker for doing something innocent and perceptively within the law, then so be it.

In reply to several sentiments like this one...

Many protesters are planning on causing trouble at the national conventions this year. They plan on doing all kinds of things that will disrupt the police and security force. They will throw marbles in front of police horses... they'll go to firing ranges before going to the protest so that bomb sniffing dogs will be confused and lead cops to question them. Their goal is to distract law enforcement and use up as much manpower as possible so that the officers can't do their jobs. [Which is to protect not just high name polititicans but regular citizens.]

While we all have a right to go caching in Boston, and we could make a big stink if we were unjustly treated... I think the appropriate, responsible thing would be to avoid causing any unneeded distractions for these men and women who are trying to protect us.

Like learning that sense ...

==Edited for brevity==

Thank you. Those are the real lessons to learn.

Again; Question authority. That also means to challenge them - with respect to the situation at hand.

You don't have to put yourself in harms way, but they don't have to take the measures they're taking in the name of security if it means I have to give up the profound rights I took the time to serve in defense of same.

While we all have a right to go caching in Boston, and we could make a big stink if we were unjustly treated... I think the appropriate, responsible thing would be to avoid causing any unneeded distractions for these men and women who are trying to protect us.

Go ahead knuckle under :lol: , If I were to comment on that statement the way I would like to I would be kicked out of the forums. Why should it be "appropriate" to give up ones freedom. that statemnet is so *(&^%^& stupid :lol: . Do you know what country you even live in, This is Not NORTH KOREA, it is NOT CUBA. It is the USA it is never appropriate to give up your freedom. Wake the hell up :P open you &**&(( eyes.

Go ahead let the flaming begin :blink:

Edited by JohnnyVegas
But W said our nation is safer now than before....  but he expects violence on election day???  So how are we safer???  Sorry, I know off topic.

I must say this is the silliest thing I have heard all day. Well, the day is still young.

Maybe it is because I spent 20 years defending this country, got my first taste of terrorist attacks in 1982 before most Americans learned to spell terrorist. Or maybe it is that most people are so stuck in their day-to-day rut that they never comprehend the "big picture". I dunno....

As to being safer.... when was the last "hit" on our soil? George W has done (once again) exactly what he said he would. He took the fight to the enemy. "Bring them on" he said. And they brought it on. But on their ground, not ours.

As my son Army_Scout writes, "You can't kill them if you can't find them... but we found them!" We took the fight to their country, thereby sparing our country as much further trouble as possible.

This being said, for the U.S. to continue to keep the fight off our land, we must do it right every time. For the terrorists to hit us again, they only need to do it right once. A simple fact that every military man learns, defending your position is something quite different from attacking a position.

If you have never picked up a rifle and headed toward the sound of the battle you probably won't understand much of this. Those who have - do. We sleep safe at night because young men - SOLDIERS - are willing to do great harm on our behalf. And they are doing it OUTSIDE our borders. I would join them if they would have an old retired sergeant once more.

God bless them.

And if Kerry gets elected, and brings them home, only a few things will change. The fight will then be back on our soil, and your taxes will go up. As long as George W keeps the fight over there, WE ARE SAFER!

Anybody seen Osama Bin Laden lately?? :blink:

Could someone kindly tell me what's up in Boston this week?

I heard a story on the radio today that the newspaper boxes in the area have been temporarily removed.

Sen. Kennedy taking his driver's license test?

I assume they're also going to keep him away from bridges over bodies of water.

He is also exempt from DUI checks that week

Go ahead knuckle under :blink: , If I were to comment on that statement the way I would like to I would be kicked out of the forums. Why should it be "appropriate" to give up ones freedom. that statemnet is so *(&^%^& stupid :lol: . Do you know what country you even live in, This is Not NORTH KOREA, it is NOT CUBA. It is the USA it is never appropriate to give up your freedom. Wake the hell up :lol: open you &**&(( eyes.

Seriously... it appears no logical conversation can continue. This post is merely to acknowledge that I read your post and have chosen not to reply further... [Hmm... have I knuckled under and given up my freedom to reply?]

Go ahead knuckle under :lol: , If I were to comment on that statement the way I would like to I would be kicked out of the forums. Why should it be "appropriate" to give up ones freedom. that statemnet is so *(&^%^& stupid :D . Do you know what country you even live in, This is Not NORTH KOREA, it is NOT CUBA. It is the USA it is never appropriate to give up your freedom. Wake the hell up :D open you &**&(( eyes.

Go ahead let the flaming begin :lol:

:cry::blink::P

I heard a story on the radio today that the newspaper boxes in the area have been temporarily removed.

I hope they don't do that in NYC. That would eliminate one of my caches.

I am willing to bet that they do. But think about it this way. They are highly unlikely to do anything to them other than put them on a truck and sit them in a warehouse. If your cache is inside the box (as I'm suspecting it is), then when they sit them back out, it may not be in the exact same places...You just need to determine what the range was that they removed from and change the cache page to a 5 difficulty and require the next finder(s) to figure out which newsbox within an X range has the cache in it. :blink:

Once it's found, update the page or return it to home.. :lol:

PS - Yesterday's game was another absurd display by the ever-slumping Red Sox. The season series is still 6-5 Red Sox before tonight's game. Hopefully Foulke can get his head on straight.

Sen. Kennedy taking his driver's license test?

I assume they're also going to keep him away from bridges over bodies of water.

I heard that that's the real reason they shut down the Lenny Zakim/Bunker Hill Bridge.

-rimshot..cymbal-

*-Real reason is that it runs feet away from the FleetCenter foundation and anyone with enough fertilizer and gasoline could do some serious damage while "changing a flat tire" next to the building.

It is the USA it is never appropriate to give up your freedom.

Ok, I know I said I wouldn't reply further... but I thought of this word picture and thought I should post it:

Imagine this scenario:

The Police receive a credible tip that someone is going to try to kill JohnnyVegas on Tuesday... They gather their forces in attempt to catch the suspect and protect JohnnyVegas. While they are searching for the potential killer, I decide to go geocaching right beside his house or place of employment. Hey it's my right! I decide to stand in the way of the cops, distract them, slow them down... keep them busy so they can't do their job, can't fully protect JohnnyVegas... That is my freedom. Should I give up that freedom? Or should I choose to help them by getting out of the way?