An Item That Should Be Made Available

Subterranean

It would be great to make the welcome note (a.k.a. stash note) available as a sticker. All caches should include this note, so why not sell them in various sizes as stickers that can be placed on the inside of caches??

Another thought I had… since it’s important for the stash note be included in all caches and for all caches be clearly marked on the outside as being geocaches, how about including a number of “official geocache” stickers and the soon-to-be-created ^_^ “stash note stickers” in the premium membership package? Maybe, every time a membership is created/renewed, ten of each sticker is sent to the subscriber???

[...] how about including a number of “official geocache” stickers and the soon-to-be-created ^_^ “stash note stickers” in the premium membership package? Maybe, every time a membership is created/renewed, ten of each sticker is sent to the subscriber???

Premium membership package? Is that something new? Wouldn't that be much to expensive for GC?

I could imagine it the other way around: though: for every - say - $10 you spend on GC merchandize, your premium membership gets extended by another month. That wouldn't cost GC anything, but might be an incentive for people to buy GC stuff. When you get your reminder that your subscription is about to lapse, upi have the choice between extending it the normal way, or buying some stuff you had been putting off buying for a while.

some place on this site (I can never find it when I want it) there are some downloads for stickers - large and small - download the file and print your own -

easy to do - I don't even use sticker paper (expensive) - print on paper from color printer and then I 'laminate' them with clear plastic packing tape.

Premium membership package? Is that something new?

By "package," I of course meant the bunch of benefits that come with being a premium member… not a tangible package (as of yet, at least).

Wouldn't that be much to expensive for GC?

I could imagine it the other way around: though: for every - say - $10 you spend on GC merchandize, your premium membership gets extended by another month. That wouldn't cost GC anything, but might be an incentive for people to buy GC stuff.

Yours really is a good idea, too. I was thinking less of how Groundspeak might make more money and more of how the labeling of caches and use of welcome notes in caches could be promoted.

some place on this site (I can never find it when I want it) there are some downloads for stickers - large and small - download the file and print your own -

easy to do - I don't even use sticker paper (expensive) - print on paper from color printer and then I 'laminate' them with clear plastic packing tape.

That certainly would work. I had thought of the printing and taping method, but never considered that you could buy “sticker paper.” Still, it may be easier and more professional looking to have stickers pre-made and available through this site …in the same vein as using the “official geocache” stickers might be, instead of using spray paint and stencils to label a cache.

In this case I think adding a well designed PDF may be the way to go instead of a sticker. That way you can chose how you wish to print the label.

The other idea may be to have a laminated card people can stick in caches or tape them to the lid. A magnet would also be interesting.