Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteelHead[BC]

Irlp

IRLP would be fun - especially on a Saturday afternoon.

Also - Echolink would be another venue where cachers could log on and chat...

Rene' WB5URY

I could see myself getting into this, I am not sure about availability of internet linked repeaters here.

Do you need to transmit from your pc to use irlp? Or can I just tune into the irlp repeater up here and my signal will go out to the nodes it is hooked to?

Been listening in on some of the signals from the irlp station and I can hear folks from all over the lower 48 as well as several other countries. Just wondering if I need to transmit from my pc to communicate with them or if the repeater will do that for me.

Do you need to transmit from your pc to use irlp? Or can I just tune into the irlp repeater up here and my signal will go out to the nodes it is hooked to?

IRLP is a way of linking repeaters. All you need is a HT that can do DTMF and a cheat sheet. Yes, you transmit with your radio just like a normal repeater. But from the time you key down until you talk you may need to wait a bit for everything to kick in. Otherwise your first few words may be lost.

Thanks for the lesson.

I found a trivia net on IRLP last night and had some fun. Learned about the pause needed between keying up and talking.

I got Echolink up and running as well. Had a good QSO with a couple fellows. One was from Iowa and the other was in California. Pretty cool way to communitcate.

well pick a date and time and lets get some chatter on the IRLP going ..... i got 2 nodes i can use here 1000 and 1070 so feel free to give me a e-mail or just try calling me on one of them:)

SteelHead[bC]

Ve7WCC