Gps Vent Mount For 60c

Depends on your vents. A vent mount didn't work in either of my vehicles. Some windshield mounts are crummy but there are good ones. Ram mounts also can do an adhesive disk with a flexible base that will even attach to a curved dash so you don't HAVE to drill holes to fix one to the dash. I just drilled holes in both of my vehicles and have solid mounts. If you drill holes try to do it in a peice that can be replaced or in a inconspicous place.

Looking at mounts for a Garmin 60c. Don't like the on-dash mounts because the car I drive has a curved dash, and it wouldn't be level. Have not heard a lot of positives about glass mounts.

Saw this on E-bay - anybody try one?

http://stores.ebay.com/NorthStar-GPS

Other suggestions?

Thanks!

Get the bean-bag mount. Goes on your dash and you can move it between vehicles. My dash is fairly curved and it stays on it fine. What car are you using?

Dont go with one of the vent mounts--- they stink!!! I have found the best window mount out there, RAM mount for the 60C. Works great and it is right in front of my face. You can find them at many online retailers. Good luck

Hey TH -

Which RAM mount did you end up with for your 60? I've been hemming and hawing about which mount to buy since they FINALLY released them.

Two issues: I like my window space. I drive a suburban and I'm not sure I want the 60C to cut off any of my view. It's best I can see everything when I'm driving offensively. OTOH, there is a suction cup mount with two different extensions (you buy one or the other) and I'm thinking I may just go with that and see if I can get it low enough that it won't bother me. No higher than the dash would be ideal.

The other issue: um, I know there was one, but I seem to have forgotten.

The other option would be just to bolt an arm to the hump on the floor in front of the center console so it would be right smack dab in the middle of my rig.

Thoughts from anyone RAM wise?

-=-

michelle

I use a RAM mount with suction cups and have been delighted with it. I've tried vent mounts in the past and was rewarded with a broken vent for my trouble. . . and it makes that vent useless for Air Conditioning when something is mounted on it.

I'm not too keen on drilling holes in my dash so I chose the suction cups. Bean bags may work for many, but if you bounce around a lot you may end up chasing it at all the wrong times.

Good luck

I have the large suction cup from RAM and it works great. I have gone off road without it popping off. It has a locking suction mechanism that increases its force on the glass. No wetting or licking needed. I have it positioned low in the windshield so that it doesn't obstruct my view. The cool thing is though it remains more in my line of sight than even the dash. More than not I'm looking at the receiver for speed and not the speedometer.

Looking at mounts for a Garmin 60c.  Don't like the on-dash mounts because the car I drive has a curved dash, and it wouldn't be level.  Have not heard a lot of positives about glass mounts.

Saw this on E-bay - anybody try one?

http://stores.ebay.com/NorthStar-GPS

Other suggestions?

Thanks!

Get the bean-bag mount. Goes on your dash and you can move it between vehicles. My dash is fairly curved and it stays on it fine. What car are you using?

Hi -

I drive a 1998 Nissan Altima. Below is a picture of the dash area (I don't have the mount shown in this picture - its off a website). I was assuming the beanbag wouldn't be ideal because (1) the curvature would cause it to fall off, and (2) the gps would be angled, and not straight up and down. Would the beanbag work in this situation?

Found this picture of the dash at the Pro-Clip site ( http://www.proclipusa.com ) - they make mounts for all different vehicles, but don't have a specific cradle for the 60c yet..

Thanks for the posts

852570-4.jpg

60C Specific RAM Mounts...

One of which I really like is:

9301430219J.jpg

I had a suction cup mount and returned it for the (lead) weighted and very flexible base with a rubber coating. Flexible enough to fit any dash and heavy enough to do the job. Doesn't move around.

It's flexible enough to bend all three of the 'feet' together to touch each other.

This one looks pretty good. When you say you can bend the feet together, do they then stay in the position that you've bent them? In other words, if they were bent to fit a curved dash like the one I have, it would stay in that position so that all three feet would grip?

Looks nice because of that, plus it appears the cradle can be adjusted so that the gps is pointed straight up & down, rather than at the same angle of the dash.

Thanks for the input! Just placed my order on Amazon for the 60c, hoping to have it by next weekend!