Magellan Memory Cards

Nice thought, but there's nothing special about the Magellan branded cards, and they're MUCH more expensive than even the premier memory card manufacturers' products. For the price quoted there, I would expect to get a MUCH larger card!

For the record the Magellan Meridians use standard SD cards

Bob Aldridge

Does MeriGold support MMC & SD or just SD?  :blink:

Yes it supports MMC too. But there are reports that the unit firmware (tested with latest) will not format a MMC card greater than 32mb (errors). In such cases an external card read/writer should be used to apply the format .

I use a 128Mb MMC card in my meriplat and had to use an external device to format. This size card has ample capicity to carry the megallen streets detailed basemap covering the whole UK, and still has approx 50Mb left for waypoints , tracks etc

MMC/SD card write/readers are cheap and well worth getting one anyway as it is much faster loading maps to the card writer/reader than it is via the gpsr. They often carry support for different types of memory card so it can be use for digicams, PDA phones, mp3 player etc

Edited by stonefisk