The 100 Hide Club

9Key

While there is an ever growing number of cachers that reach the 1k, 2k, and even 3k Find mark, how many have hidden more than 100 caches?

My guess is just a handfull since there are only 3 of us here in Texas that achived membership in The Club.

Is King Boreas the leader with 500+ hides?

Wow, 100+ hides. I have enough trouble trying to imagine maintenance on ten and I only have 1 so far.

Place caches what require little maintanence ~

* logbook with plenty of room

* durable, waterproof container

* choice hiding spot

Easier said than done! :o

Wow, 100+ hides. I have enough trouble trying to imagine maintenance on ten and I only have 1 so far.

Place caches what require little maintanence ~

* logbook with plenty of room

* durable, waterproof container

* choice hiding spot

Easier said than done! ^_^

Place caches what require little maintanence ~ Well lets see

* logbook with plenty of room Yup got that. Its one of those big write in the rain Survey field books.

* durable, waterproof container Yup got that. Ammo can with official Geocaching sticker on the side

* choice hiding spot. Not sure about choice but it remote with a great view of the Santa Ynez River below and mountains all around.

Placed in January 2004 with only 2 visits todate. Still there on last inspection. If I can hide 99 more like this then maintenance on 100 will not be so bad. :P

First find was September 2003. I am now at 84 hides -- 30 are micros, 17 are multis, 1 event cache, 3 are archived, 7 can be found on an 8-mile round-trip hike. When I started there were 2 in the area -- there are now about 50 in a 10 mile radius. I have tried to hide a wide variety of caches; finders have been generally complimentary. Though I live in North Carolina, I have 1 in Missouri and 2 in London. (All three have local cachers performing cache maintenance.) I am leaving Saturday for a two week vacation Down Under and plan on placing at least 4 while I am there. (Already have locals ready to help out.) I think I need to slow down the pace of cache placement, but it appears I am just as addicted to placing as I am to finding. Shrug. Still having fun!!

While there is an ever growing number of cachers that reach the 1k, 2k, and even 3k Find mark, how many have hidden more than 100 caches?

My guess is just a handfull since there are only 3 of us here in Texas that achived membership in The Club.

Is King Boreas the leader with 500+ hides?

In Sweden, a small country in Europe with less than 9 million people, do we have:

IT-gubben who has hidden 100 caches.

Bo & Elisabeth who has hidden 107 caches.

CyberJunkie who has hidden 111 caches.

HakanA who has hidden 114 caches.

Anders & Inger who has hidden 153 caches.

585 caches, and no that is not all the caches in Sweden B)

There is 2174 more caches... ^_^

Stats taken from our stats service at http://w1.141.telia.com/~u14121857/Geocaching/GeoStat.htm

If you look at Zinnwares wonderful pages about the people who has hide and found most caches in the world, you will find out that there is a whole bunch of people who has hidden more than 100 caches. Top is 500 now :P

http://www.zinnware.com/HighAdv/Geocaching...ches_found.html

It's not that hard to maintain 100+ caches if most of them are micros. :D:o

I've seen plenty of logs like "Log full" "cache wet inside" "think I know excatly here that little black film can was but couldn't find it".

Makes me frustrated when the people with bug number finds and big number hides log like 200 more caches while there are some of their hides out there waiting for maintence. Big numbers in hides don't impress me at all. Good hides and keeping up your caches do. Because I think I can find 100 light poles tonight that don't have caches under them yet. :D

I've seen plenty of logs like "Log full" "cache wet inside" "think I know excatly here that little black film can was but couldn't find it".

Makes me frustrated when the people with bug number finds and big number hides log like 200 more caches while there are some of their hides out there waiting for maintence. Big numbers in hides don't impress me at all. Good hides and keeping up your caches do. Because I think I can find 100 light poles tonight that don't have caches under them yet. :o

Amen to that!

In the old days, cachers would help out caches in need. For example I carry extra logbooks, pens, pencils, zip locks, etc in case a cache needs some help.

In the old days, cachers would help out caches in need. For example I carry extra logbooks, pens, pencils, zip locks, etc in case a cache needs some help.

That's the way it should be but after "fixing" so many micros owned by those that still go out and hunt caches yet can't bother to stop by and fix their own, it gets old after a while. Micros need new log books probably ten times faster than an ammo can cache does. Who wants to keep fixing or replacing someone else's micros all the time??

On Topic: There are a couple of cachers in Erie PA who are approaching this number. All of thier caches are well maintiained. :D

Off Topic: I'm glad that some have taken this as an oppportunity to once again microbash. :o

Okay, to be fair there are some caches that aren't micros that aren't being taken care of either. Feel better?

It seems like people that hide a ton of caches have an aweful lot of micros though. At least in this area.

Okay, to be fair there are some caches that aren't micros that aren't being taken care of either. Feel better?

It seems like people that hide a ton of caches have an aweful lot of micros though. At least in this area.

Same here.

When I first started geocaching, I thought, "How cool! Finding "treasures" that people have hidden and trading items." But now when I want to take out a new person to show them what geocaching is all about, it takes quite a bit of effort to find a cache that qualifies as one that would hold "treasure". Most don't get the point of using a GPSr to find a micro at a scenic location and signing their name on a piece of paper. It's the selling point of the "hidden treasure" in a container that pulls most people into the game. Only after playing for a while does your interests in the game develop into being just as excited about the awesome locations and clever hides of a cache.

You can hide a micro for next to nothing as far as costs go. Hiding an ammo can costs a little more and takes a little more thought to hide because of the size of the container. Newbies use micros as their first hide more often than an ammo can or any other container. Once they see how easy and cost effective the first micro hide was, there's no reason to hide anything differently in the future. Geocaching didn't start out as hiding micros with only a log book and a pencil but people straying away from the traditional ways that geocaching was originally played is happening more often.

Hide 100+ traditional geocache containers that coincide with the traditional way geocaching was meant to be played and I'll be impressed. Hide 100+ micros and well................

:o

It would be nice to see an even balance of both micros and traditional cache containers hidden by a member.