Usa Geocoin?

a-pro

The USA GeoCoins are trackable just like other Travel Bugs. People leave them in caches with the hope of them moving from cache to cache and people logging that on the website.

The bonus, if you are into the "numbers" game, is a little icon of a coin on your user stats and of course the warm feeling you are playing nice with other people's hard earned money which they spend on little trinkets for this game. :o

More information can be found here:

http://www.usageocoins.com/

EDIT: fur speling

Edited by MRCOGEO

My concern is that there is NO address, NO phone, NO names... NOTHING about the company on the website. There is an email address, but we all know how easy it is to get one of those. I wanted to order some geocoins, but decided not to because of all the concerns listed above AND the fact that the website seems to be thrown together, nothing professional (read: legitimate business) about it. Also, on their geocaching page, again NOTHING listed. Location? America. Hmmm, makes me wonder. Has anyone ordered from this site? Has anyone found any info on this "company?"

This is not a formal endorsement for USAGeocoins - just to answer Desert Kat * Katdaddy's post.

I have ordered coins from this site. What ? The little travel suitcases (very nice), some IFRM coins (again - very nice), some Christmas coins last year (nice) - and some of the "In Memory" soldier coins (which are pre-activated and you don't own). I have never had a problem with the quality of the coin or delivery issues.

Some of the other coins they offer are available directly through Groundspeak. If you are in the USA - that is your best option for ordering. But, in respect to the vendor - Groundspeak does not ship/deliver out of the USA so this vendor is offering this as a service to out out of USA friends.

This site is endorsed as a secondary vendor for Groundspeak ites. Always wise to beware of purchases on line. Just my experience - no problems for me.

My concern is that there is NO address, NO phone, NO names... NOTHING about the company on the website. There is an email address, but we all know how easy it is to get one of those. I wanted to order some geocoins, but decided not to because of all the concerns listed above AND the fact that the website seems to be thrown together, nothing professional (read: legitimate business) about it. Also, on their geocaching page, again NOTHING listed. Location? America. Hmmm, makes me wonder. Has anyone ordered from this site? Has anyone found any info on this "company?"

I have ordered from this company on many occasions, and have always received excellent service. I also got to meet the owner and his family at GCF. They are just all around great people!

They are "WAY OK" in my book to deal with. Have always replied to emails, (even when the help I needed didn't involve one of their coins they still took the time to help me resolve the problem with finding an activation code).

Coins I've bought from them are a good price and always arrive on time.

Met them at the GCF here in Pittsburgh last year and are very nice people.

I like em' !!! : )

Thanks to all those that posted the endorsements.

For the the person that posted. I run the USA Geocoins website.

E-mail it the method we prefer for contact with our customers. We were the first USA company to sell geocoins and have been in business since 1999 and selling geocoins since 2003.

We are a licensed and registered business in the state of Ohio. Please feel free to contact me at support at usageocoins dot com if you have any questions you would like answered.

Thanks

Eric K

You can always check the pinned threads at the top of the geocoin forums for the Groundspeak Approved Vendors list. USA geocoins has been on that list for quite a while.

Vendors do get removed from the list if they engage in poor business practices with this community.

Thanks to all those that posted the endorsements.

For the the person that posted. I run the USA Geocoins website.

E-mail it the method we prefer for contact with our customers. We were the first USA company to sell geocoins and have been in business since 1999 and selling geocoins since 2003.

We are a licensed and registered business in the state of Ohio. Please feel free to contact me at support at usageocoins dot com if you have any questions you would like answered.

Thanks

Eric K

Hey Eric, i sent you an email yesterday about an order i placed July 5th. I haven't gotten any shipping confirmation or any emails regarding my order for over a week now =(.

EDIT:

Guess i was just too impatient, got my order today =) very pleased!

Edited by Dacool561