Without Them, There Is No Game!

The_Z_Man

For sometime, I have wanted to express my thanks to the wonderful people who place caches on Long Island. They do this at considerable personal expense (never complaining about it); a lot of personal time spent on research, shopping for necessary items, cache placement and maintenance...sometimes even being criticized for their efforts... often only receiving a simple “thanks” in the log entry.

There are over 500 caches on the Island and many, many people are involved... so at the risk of offending by leaving someone out which I do not intend to do on purpose...

I particularly would like to recognize JMBella, Bayonets4u, Macatac1961, Squealy, Cat-in-the hat, M&M, WRR, Blackbuck, Eons, HatesMilk, Czarniecki314, and my wife InkyCat. I met each of you and consider all of you as my friends.

Moreover, I above all thank JMBella for the large number of well thought out caches placed and his leadership in planning Long Island Geocaching events.

My Geo-thanks to each of you.

I'm blushing. :P Actually no thanks is necessary. Hiding caches is something I love to do and without players like yourself that enjoy finding them with a vengeance there would be no reason to keep hiding. So thank you. I do echo you thoughts regarding all those great hiders on LI and would also like to mention JerryMonkey and LordWallace who have a few exceptional hides as well.

Incidentally, I don't think I could stop hiding if I wanted to. I'm addicted so stay tuned, More caches coming soon. :P

And I just complimented everyone on the variety and skill of the caches in the Northeast! :o

I completely forgot to mention that the NE forums were by far the most interesting read! :o;)

No one in this thread has done any of my secret agent cache missions! So stop you're feuding and start findin' more! :P

How about a few in Northern NJ.... never mind, I should do that myself. :o

Northern NJ is my territory. He best stay clear, or there's gonna be big trouble.

Sounds like a challange. :o

Yeah, place some caches in Morris County. I dare you. I double dare you! You'll see what happens. Just you try.

How about a few in Northern NJ.... never mind, I should do that myself. :o

Northern NJ is my territory. He best stay clear, or there's gonna be big trouble.

Sounds like a challange. :o

Yeah, place some caches in Morris County. I dare you. I double dare you! You'll see what happens. Just you try.

Oh it's ON!! Any particular place in Morris you would like it?

How about a few in Northern NJ.... never mind, I should do that myself. :blink:

Sounds like a challange. <_<

Oh it's ON!! Any particular place in Morris you would like it?

The closer to my house the better.

Edited by briansnat
Ooh! Ooh! I know a good spot!  ;)  Right in Kinnelon!  :P Where I locked my keys in my car  :huh:

COOL! A geocaching version of You Got Served!

Bring it on!

There's already a cache there. Final stage of a multi.

But then Brian would have to come back with a hide on Long Island. If he doesn't then I win!!

If that means I have to cross the GWB and drive the Cross Island and LIE on a weekend, then I conceed!

Edited by briansnat
Ooh! Ooh! I know a good spot!  ;)  Right in Kinnelon!  :P Where I locked my keys in my car  :huh:

COOL! A geocaching version of You Got Served!

Bring it on!

There's already a cache there. Final stage of a multi.

But then Brian would have to come back with a hide on Long Island. If he doesn't then I win!!

If that means I have to cross the GWB and drive the Cross Island and LIE on a weekend, then I conceed!

Aah, it's not that bad. At least we are allowed to make left hand turns here.

What's so bad about that? There's hardly any traffic on the weekends compared to a typical weekday rush hour.

That's true. Just don't go east on a Friday and don't go west on a Sunday and you should have no problem.

What's so bad about that? There's hardly any traffic on the weekends compared to a typical weekday rush hour.

That's true. Just don't go east on a Friday and don't go west on a Sunday and you should have no problem.

I dunno, every time I visit my brother-in-law in Douglaston, Queens, which is kind of like Long Island, it takes us 2+ hours to drive the 50 miles.

At least we are allowed to make left hand turns here.

Oddly enough around my house here in Jersey the oneways make you only take hard left turns. On the other hand though, our great design of the road system make me drive 1.5 miles to get to I95 South yet I am about 100 yards from the entrance and exit.....Its the price we get for being allowed to make left turns.

Queens IS Long Island  :smile:

It's actually part of NYC. Though its on the island that makes up LI, I don't believe its actually considered to be LI anymore than Brooklyn and the Bronx are.

Brian, what the hell are you talking about?????? ;):huh:;)

Queens is geographically part of Long Island, as is Brooklyn. Politically, they are both part of NYC.

The Boogie Down Bronx - well, that is a whole different story!!!

Hey, Joe, let's hide 2 caches in NNJ when we go for ribs and beer.

New Jersey, the Garden State...If you're growing smoke stacks!!!!!! :ph34r::P

Nah, I love Jersey!!!

Queens IS Long Island  :smile:

It's actually part of NYC. Though its on the island that makes up LI, I don't believe its actually considered to be LI anymore than Brooklyn and the Bronx are.

Brian, what the hell are you talking about?????? ;):huh:;)

Queens is geographically part of Long Island, as is Brooklyn. Politically, they are both part of NYC.

New Jersey, the Garden State...If you're growing smoke stacks!!!!!! :ph34r::P

Nah, I love Jersey!!!

Sure geographically Queens and Crooklyne are part of Long Island but technically only Nassau and Suffolk are considered Long Island.

BTW, I have a Blue Dog looking for a trip to far, far away. Like Alaske or someplace else that's very far away. Anyone want to take this puppy?

Cool! I already have a DNF on my new cache. Well, it should be a DNF anyway.  :rolleyes:

Okay, I'll go out this evening to put a real DNF on it. :)

And done. A real DNF. :)

Brian, did you steal my cache? :rolleyes: It wasn't all that hard to find so I guess it's gone. I'll check on it on my way to ribs and beer tomorrow.

Floopy, did you look on top of the tree that was fallen over the rocks?

Queens IS Long Island  :rolleyes:

Brian, what the hell are you talking about?????? :rolleyes::):)

New Jersey, the Garden State...If you're growing smoke stacks!!!!!! :):)

Nah, I love Jersey!!!

Sure geographically Queens and Crooklyne are part of Long Island but technically only Nassau and Suffolk are considered Long Island.

BTW, I have a Blue Dog looking for a trip to far, far away. Like Alaske or someplace else that's very far away. Anyone want to take this puppy?

As a New Yawker all my life, having grown up in The Bronx ( the only borough of the five I might add that's part of the contiguous USA - the rest are out-islands), and living in Queens currently, I to can attest that most New Yorkers think Long Island is a separate island from Queens and Brooklyn. Never minbd the political issue, they really think it's somewhere over there.

Matter of fact, I've been looking for years for that bridge that takes you to LI everytime I go from Queens to Nassau but have yet to find it :D

Would someone waypoint it?

Brian, did you steal my cache? :o

Well, that's what happens when you invade his territory. B)

If it was the hollow branch that was sticking up, well... it crumbled in my hands. That was what I was referring to as fragile. However, that can't be it as I didn't see the cache falling out or lying on the ground in that immediate spot.

Cool! I already have a DNF on my new cache. Well, it should be a DNF anyway.  :o

Okay, I'll go out this evening to put a real DNF on it. B)

And done. A real DNF. B)

Brian, did you steal my cache? :D It wasn't all that hard to find so I guess it's gone. I'll check on it on my way to ribs and beer tomorrow.

Gone before I even knew it was there. I would go for it, but if the great Stayfloopy couldn't find it, how am I expected to?