Easy Gps To Magellan Topo?

Okay.... here is my question...

I have EASY GPS (which I think is one of the best pieces of GPS software out there because it is just that - EASY) and I would like to know if I can import a collection of waypoints into MAPSEND TOPO by Magellan.

For example. I was on a BENCHMARK search page on Geocaching.com. I converted the search results to a ".loc" file. However - TOPO doesn't seem to want to open an .loc file.

What do I have to do to change my .loc file or a .gpx file into a .wpt file that can be read by TOPO? Is it possible? It would be great to see a spread of geocaches or benchmarks spread out over my topo map software....

Any help would be MOST appreciated!

Thanks much!!!!

GB Paddlers

THANKS!!! I downloaded GPSBABEL.... It seems REALLY easy to use. However, I can't seem to get it to make a .WPT file.

I select the appropriate .loc input file from my desktop (which I downloaded from geocaching.com). I type a name for the output file and select MAPSEND MERIDIAN as the format. It processes the file but it's just a generic file - not a .WPT. TOPO won't open it... am I missing a step?

There's a large percentage of the world that's suprised when a program uses exactly the name you gave it. I just added this to the FAQ.

http://gpsbabel.sourceforge.net/FAQ.html

As an aside, GPSBabel can talk directly to your Magellan over the serial port, too. Just select an output type of "magellan" and a filename of your serial port (/dev/tty00 or com1 or whatever your OS uses) and it'll shoot them straight to your receiver.