Seth!'s Next Event

Seth!

Howdy, neighbors. I am planning my next event. It will be held on August 29, 2004. That is the third anniversary of my geocaching career. My goal is to get to 600 finds by then. Adrian (who also started geocaching then, at age four) should be nearing 200 finds. (He is at 160. Not all are logged online.) I just found my 100th Travel Bug, so that benchmark is checked off. :P

The other reason to celebrate is that I will be launching Mission: Impossible II. That's not actually what it will be called but it is the sequel to my first Mission: Impossible geocache. It's been two years since I archived that one and I decided I needed a deadline to get myself to finish the next one! :)

Details about the event will be posted here (and on an event page) soon. The short story is that it will be held at my house, in Kirkland. Hopefully this will be another record-setting event. Mark your calendar for Sunday, August 29! :P

- Seth!

Is it screaming one-month-old baby friendly (worst case scenario)? :P

Of course! That's best case scenario, though, isn't it? (Well, I guess not the screaming bit.) :P

The event would only be enhanced by the presence of the (by then) three-member Moun10Clan.

fractal...Woohoo!

Nolenator...Um, er, ....

Wienerdog, no tricks?...

"No Springs. Honest Weight". - Toledo Scale Co.

...that's as close as I can promise.

Other things to celebrate that day: Adrian's and my August birthdays, Laurel's upcoming birthday, the Bryan/Heidi geomarriage--and, as mentioned previously, Moun10Tike's arrival.

Bry and I will be there!!! Is there anything better than a Seth! event the weekend after you get married? :(

Moun10bike, you better be there! I need to see Moun10Tyke and we owe you a huge thank you for holding the quilt event a few years back so bry and I could meet. :D

I met Heidi and Bryan at that same quilt event but didn't get engaged to either of them. Probably because I brought my whole family! Yep, lots of meeting went on that day. Who knows what great meeting of the minds and heart will take place at "Party of Three!, which is what my event is now called.

Check out the event page and plan to be there, one and all!

Cheers,

Seth!

(The Moun10Bike family will be a party of three any minute now. The ddog-n-ma/rothstafari merger will be a party of three. Adrian and I will have been geocaching for three years. It's a big Party of Three! Wheeee!) :rolleyes:

Marcus, in case that was an actual question (hey, I never know) the event is from noon until 4 PM. That info is on the cache page. <_<

Soup, glad to hear you'll be in town. Come on by! :D

All, if you'd like to post a note on the geocache event page, that might help those who are considering attending but don't read the forums. It'll also help give me an idea of how many to expect. The goal: Lots and lots of people! :o

I'll be adding an information page about the Mission: Impossible geocache soon. I realize that many people don't remember my first one and may be wondering what in the heck is the deal! :blink:

Cheers,

Seth!

Bumping this back up since the event is nearly at hand! Yikes! I've got to light a fire under these secret agents to get the Mission: Impossible geocache finished.

If you have not already put this event on your calendar, please do. The more, the merrier.

Adrian and I are nearly at our goals of reaching 200 and 600 finds, respectively. (He needs three more; I need two.) Hopefully we'll be able to take time out from the preparations to hunt a bit on Friday.

Happy geocaching!

- Seth!

:P:D:o:D:P:D:P

Peer pressure gains another victim. :huh:

After reading the posts about people making Seth's event a milestone cache I got off my duff today (between rain squalls) and did the last few I've ment to do for about a month to get to 699 making this event #700. I'm so pathetic. :huh:

Heard today that in Longview (and I assume the rest of western Washington) this year we've had more rain in August than any other month so far except January. Ugh!

Peer pressure gains another victim. :huh:

After reading the posts about people making Seth's event a milestone cache I got off my duff today (between rain squalls) and did the last few I've ment to do for about a month to get to 699 making this event #700. I'm so pathetic. :huh:

Heard today that in Longview (and I assume the rest of western Washington) this year we've had more rain in August than any other month so far except January. Ugh!

Yah - in less than one week. :o

I can't say that getting it all at one time is better than dragging it out. :o