Logging Into The Site

PandyBat

I check the forums several times a day. I have to log in every time I leave and come back if I want to reply to something or look up information.

I don't know what's causing me to have to log in every time.....cookies are set, etc, but it would be nice for the site to take me back to what I was looking at previously instead of taking me to the forums page after I log in. <_< Very frustrating to have to search for what I was looking at without having to use the back button.

BTW..dialup sucks!

Oh...I'm not saying it's the site that's causing me to have to log in. I'm saying I wish after logging in, I could be taken to the page that I was looking at instead of the forums page and then have to search for the topic I was wanting to make a reply. No biggie really...just kind of annoying.

Ah.

Invison Power Board is an out-of-the-box application, and they're always looking for recommendations on how to improve it. Try posting the suggestion in their forums.

Their new version may have this functionality. I haven't looked into upgrading our software since they are coming out with version 2. I normally wait 5-6 months after the release to make sure they have all the bugs worked out.

I gave up on customizing forum software a long time ago. It only ends in tears.

Thanks...I'll let them know.

I got my logging in issue resolved....I use CookieWall and there was one cookie that I didn't accept (doh!), so it's not really going to be a problem anymore. But in the future, it would be nice to have the previously viewed feature. Sometimes when a site does upgrades, it causes everyone to have to log in because they were automatically logged out because of the upgrade or software change. I don't know how I lost my last forum cookie but it was my fault for not accepting it when it popped up in CookieWall.