Geo Court

We already have a Geo-Court...most of us refer to them as TPTB. They are the Supreme Court. The lower courts are referred to as Amins, Mods, and Approvers. The lower court makes the first ruling, if you don't like that ruling you can appeal to the Supreme Court (TPTB). So far it works perfectly.

Perfectly??? I seem to remember a flaw in the system back when there was an issue with a member, his unapproved cache and the Geocaching Memorial Plaque in Oregon.

Like I said, it's a great plan but getting it implemented when it needs to be and before action is taken seems to be a bigger issue.

Well let me rephrase that ...it's as perfect as you can get. Do you believe that RKs plan would be able to avoid the same issues that come up today when the current court makes a ruling? There would be even more complaints in the forums than we currently have.

The system isn't broke, so don't try to fix it.

El Diablo

I think it did work perfectly. As I remember it the "lower court's" ruling was overruled by the "Supreme Court". Sounds like it works.

Sound like a train wreck, Get back to us in a year and let us know how its working out. Terraccahers is non-profit, isnt it?

I think the debates in the forums over unapproved caches are a train wreck.

Since CACHE would host in in CO, I'm not sure you read the topic.

Here is a thought. C.A.C.H.E. would NOT host in Colorado. C.A.C.H.E. wants nothing to do with such a ridiculous idea. Do NOT assume to speak for C.A.C.H.E. or any other state or local group. Take this as formal notice from the Colorado Association of Cache Hunting Enthusiasts that we want NOTHING to do with an idea such as this.

Michael LaPaglia

President C.A.C.H.E.

Did you take a vote on that amongst your local group or did you decide that yourself?? :P:P

Sound like a train wreck, Get back to us in a year and let us know how its working out. Terraccahers is non-profit, isnt it?

I think the debates in the forums over unapproved caches are a train wreck.

Since CACHE would host in in CO, I'm not sure you read the topic.

Here is a thought. C.A.C.H.E. would NOT host in Colorado. C.A.C.H.E. wants nothing to do with such a ridiculous idea. Do NOT assume to speak for C.A.C.H.E. or any other state or local group. Take this as formal notice from the Colorado Association of Cache Hunting Enthusiasts that we want NOTHING to do with an idea such as this.

Michael LaPaglia

President C.A.C.H.E.

Did you take a vote on that amongst your local group or did you decide that yourself?? :P:P

I doubt he had time to take a poll. Which is fine. He can speak up for CACHE any way he wants. I'm not a member and don't know how they are organized. After all the goal isn't to have a beer and pizza group be anything other than what they want to be. Idahogeocachers is the group I belong too. They wouldn't want to go down that road either. I respect that.

The thing is you respect people. Part of that respect would be to talk to CACHE about their interest should such a thing ever come into existance. If they are not interested then you work with the organizatin that is. It's pretty simple. If CACHE responds like they did just now I think the professinalism, courtesy, and respect that the organization gives would show like it did just now. We are discussing an idea here. Nothing more.

"We are discussing an idea here. Nothing more. "

Well sorry, but it's a BAD idea. For one, you know this is not going to happen. Two, try this and respect for each other is going to go into the toilet, guarenteed. Three, this reminds me of the local party structure of communist China during the cultural revolution (sorry but it does). Four, this really smacks of one of many attempts at a site takeover over the years to me.

Sorry if this is an over reaction, but this really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. This is the most civil opinion I can offer on this.

A court who makes a decision--that's passing a judgement. From what I've seen of the people on this site (don't know about the other), all I could say is "good luck." Great thoery- but so was commmunism, it just doesn't work in the real world.

Now to inject some serious advice- a mediation panel who has no power to make any decisions but works to help both sides work out a win-win arrangement, that could fly. You've met those people before- they are the "peace keepers" who ask insightful questions of both parties in the forums.

A court who makes a decision--that's passing a judgement. From what I've seen of the people on this site (don't know about the other), all I could say is "good luck." Great thoery- but so was commmunism, it just doesn't work in the real world.

Now to inject some serious advice- a mediation panel who has no power to make any decisions but works to help both sides work out a win-win arrangement, that could fly. You've met those people before- they are the "peace keepers" who ask insightful questions of both parties in the forums.

Yah, some kind of mediation program might work, but not a full blown out court thingy...

The arbitration is an interesting angle.

What I was originally thinking was more black and white

The cache meets guidelines or not and the panel decides ending the debate. This is because both parties agreed that's how the debate would end before going before the panel. In other words you are agreeing on how to agree.

But arbitration has an added dimension.

The cache meets guidelines or not, but now you can negotiate a compromise so that one that doesn't meet guidelines will.

It adds some flexibility.

The arbitration is an interesting angle.

What I was originally thinking was more black and white

The cache meets guidelines or not and the panel decides ending the debate.  This is because both parties agreed that's how the debate would end before going before the panel.  In other words you are agreeing on how to agree.

But arbitration has an added dimension.

The cache meets guidelines or not, but now you can negotiate a compromise so that one that doesn't meet guidelines will.

It adds some flexibility.

It adds flexibility to an idea that almost everyone here says is a bad idea. So now its a flexibly bad idea??????

Edited by Lapaglia