Sportrack Color Firmware Upgrade 5.34

flir67

hi, everyone

just downloaded the new magellan sportrack color firmware upgrade from 5.09 I think to 5.34. and this is what I've noticed about the changes.

1. when the 4th satellite use to lock it would directly take to me the map screen. now it just stays on the satellite page.

2. noticed it locks on to alot more satellites than before.

3. the 1st screen with the coordinats and the epe feet above sea level etc. mine use to waas when it was locked on to it. now I've been using the new firmware for about 10 minutes and it has yet to say "waas on it" once it get to 16ft or below it says "averaging" and stays on it . then goes back to "epe **ft" outside the 16ft radius.

any body else notice these things.

I'm going to go out and drive around to see if averaging changes back to waas after a while.

mark------

Edited by flir67

Interesting obervations. I've seen perhaps a half dozen reports from Meridian 5.3x users who think that they're seeing fewer sats and epe seems worse.

I haven't noticed any difference on my Meridian yet. My hypothesis is that people are just noticing the usual fluctuations of satellite constellation which would affect any version firmware of any GPSr unit. Seems like a hard thing to pin down unless you have two units identical except for firmware version that are sitting side by side.

I just got my sportrak color last week, upgrading from a garmin gps-12. Wow, what a difference acquiring sat's. The sportrak is much faster and seems more accurate. Also upgraded the software to v5.34 upon arrival so not sure of previous operation.

Edited by LucaBrasi