Mapsource V 6.x Problems - Need Help

Tantor

I have been running my StreetPilot III, and GPS III+ on my computer without any problems. I upgraded to Mapsource 6 and now my MapSourse cannot communicate with my GPSIII+. I get an error message saying that it can locate a device but teh device is not capable enough to work with the program. BUT I NEED BOTH! So without warning I'm down one device and have to reload MapSource off the CD. Oh but wait, I had done some upgrades since I bought the CD and now the old version I have cant read the data sets made after one of my previous upgrades.

Thanks for the warning Garmin! :blink:

So my question is this, what is the latest version of MapSource that WILL talk to my GPS III+ and where can I get a copy as it appears Garmin does not make older versions available.

My thanks for any help you can provide.

Evan

I called Garmin.

They were very helpful in resolving this problem. Apparently this will require a new software update. Until then, they said they would provide me a copy of the MapSource softwarew I need.

It's nice to have good things like this to report.

Evan

I'm not sure just what point the previous poster was trying to make :o but no matter.

As a follow up, I got version 5.4 back on and everything is working fine again. I am told they have identified a compatability issue with the new MapSource, the GPS III+, and certian operating systems.