Gsak (geocaching Swiss Army Knife)

ClydeE

Is there user instructions posted somewhere? I have downloaded gsak but I can't figure out how to use it. I am sure there are some useful features.  :o

Let me ask a silly question... why did you download it? GSAK is a utlity to manipulate caches you load into it from PQ's of GPX files. You can load in LOC files but I see you are a premium member so you'd be best off running PQs and creating GPX files.

Once you have caches loaded into it, you can sort 100 ways from Sunday, filter (show only caches that meet certain criteria), link to websites to display the cache on maps, etc. You can also export the displayed subset to one of many programs/formats it supports natively, or any program/format that GPSBabel supports.

So, to answer your question... what do you want to do and maybe we can suggest various ways to do it.

Ok, I do have PQ's scheduled for my area but if I want to go caching in an area other than my area I will download to .loc files and use easy gps. I loaded gsak with the hopes of being able to filter etc. as you suggested. My question is, are there user instructions for gsak? How do I deleate certin ceches from a gsak file? How do I change the icon to a geocache icon? If gsak can do more than easy gps then how do I find out what the benefits are? I am just a Phone Guy not a PC expert.

Please help :o

Ok, I do have PQ's scheduled for my area but if I want to go caching in an area other than my area I will download to .loc files and use easy gps. I loaded gsak with the hopes of being able to filter etc. as you suggested. My question is, are there user instructions for gsak? How do I deleate certin ceches from a gsak file? How do I change the icon to a geocache icon? If gsak can do more than easy gps then how do I find out what the benefits are? I am just a Phone Guy not a PC expert.

Please help  :o

No real reason to delete a cache from the listings in GSAK, but if you want to, right click the entry in the grid and select Delete. If you want, at that time, you are given the option of preventing that same cache from loading again (for example if it was always loading in a GPX) or if you want, just delete it and if it loads again you can delete it again.

The help file provided with GSAK is a TREMENDOUS help file with screenshots and the screenshots are all clickable, so you can see what each option does buy clicking on the images in the help file.

As for a general intro, click on Help / Contents and then in the help window that opens, click on Contents tab and there's a Section with help contents for Introducing GSAK.

To give a general analogy, GSAK is like an online phonebook. You load it up with listings of caches and then you can display / filter / export the listings you want.

As for changing the icon to the geocache icon, it's easy to do but we need to know what you're exporting to. Are you sending the waypoints directly from GSAK to your unit or going thru an intermediate program such as MapSource if you have a Garmin? Let's assume you're going directly from GSAK to your GPS (Garmin)...

Get the main display to show only the waypoints you want to send to the GPS. You do this by filtering (Search / Filter) and specifying the criteria to limit the database to those you want to export. Then you click on GPS / Send Waypoints and in the screen that comes up, you can specify what icon to use for 4 different types of caches...

Found = Geocache Found

Not Found = Geccache

Placed = Geocache

Archived = Geocache Found

should do what you want.

Edited by Team DEMP

There's two filtering features I'd really like to see added:

1 - a simple filter to delete caches North or south of a certainl lattitude, or East or West of a certain longitude. Currently, I need to use the polygon function, which is much more complicated, or the bearing-from-waypoint filter, which forces me to use a different cache as a centerpoint than the one I actually want to use as a centerpoint.

2 - a filter to exclude caches found by a specific other finder. This would be very convenient if I go caching with someone else, and only want to look at caches that neither of us has found yet.

Thanks!

I have several 'Puzzle' caches in my database. I have solved the puzzles, but have not yet had the opportunity to search for these caches. I entered corrected coordinates for each of these, but the next time I downloaded a local pocket query, they were set back to the posted coordinates. OK, I'll lock the records! I did that, but the corrected coordinates still went away, but the rest of the record was not updated and remained locked. Is there a way to keep corrected coordinates from reverting back to the posted coordinates from the pocket queries? Maybe my expectations are wrong.

Thanks for any enlightenment.

Brian

If this is happening then it is a bug.

Corrected coordinates should remain regardless if you lock the record or not.

I have had no other reports of this behaviour. Could you first try the Database=>Repair/Defrag option then enter 1 corrected coordinate and try the gpx load again.

If you still have the problem then please email me privately so we can get to the bottom of this.

And a question: How is it that sometimes, caches show up as 'archived' in GSAK, whereas they appear to be active on-line, and while all my PQs are set to download active caches only?

If you are getting only active caches in your PQ then the only way that GSAK would indicate a cache is archived is if you set it manually. You can do this via the right mouse click menu (toggle archive status) or double clicking on the archive icon.

Edit to add "double click"

Edited by ClydeE
And a question: How is it that sometimes, caches show up as 'archived' in GSAK, whereas they appear to be active on-line, and while all my PQs are set to download active caches only?

If you are getting only active caches in your PQ then the only way that GSAK would indicate a cache is archived is if you set it manually. You can do this via the right mouse click menu (toggle archive status) or double clicking on the archive icon.

Hmm. I've never noticed the 'archive' icon. Where's that?

I haven't done the right-click method ever before either, but I used it now to unarchive those two caches. When I undid the second one GSAK crashed. When I reopened it, everything was fine.

Phone-guy, you're asking too many questions to be answered here. Read the help file. Just click on the Help in the menu at the top, and all your questions will be answered if you just take the time to look.

Hackers always read the manual. That's how they learn how to do the hacks. People who don't read the manual often never learn how to do the basic stuff, never mind the more difficult things.

Hmm. I've never noticed the 'archive' icon. Where's that?

I haven't done the right-click method ever before either, but I used it now to unarchive those two caches. When I undid the second one GSAK crashed. When I reopened it, everything was fine.

What version of GSAK are you using?

Version 4.0.0 added the ability to view more columns (Tools=>Options=>Display) of which archived is one.

Version 4.0.1 was a bug fix release which fixed your second issue crash.

For a complet list of changes see http://www.gsak.net/help/hs1060.htm

Edit: added changes link

Edited by ClydeE
Version 4.0.0 added the ability to view more columns (Tools=>Options=>Display) of which archived is one.

Version 4.0.1 was a bug fix release which fixed your second issue crash.

For a complet list of changes see http://www.gsak.net/help/hs1060.htm

I must have missed the news about 4.0.1, I'm still with 4.0.0. Wil upgrade now. Thanks!

I must admit, the changes were very insignificant. There has been very little information about the "bug fix" releases other than the GSAK web site.

1 - a simple filter to delete caches North or south of a certainl lattitude, or East or West of a certain longitude. Currently, I need to use the polygon function, which is much more complicated, or the bearing-from-waypoint filter, which forces me to use a different cache as a centerpoint than the one I actually want to use as a centerpoint.

2 - a filter to exclude caches found by a specific other finder. This would be very convenient if I go caching with someone else, and only want to look at caches that neither of us has found yet.

Thanks!

The next version of GSAK will have some major improvements to filters.

I will look at adding item 1 but Item 2 will definitely be there (plus a whole lot of other filters you can set by interrogating the logs).

Thanks!

I will look at adding item 1 but Item 2 will definitely be there (plus a whole lot of other filters you can set by interrogating the logs).

Wonderful!!

Any idea when that might be?

(not that I'm rushing you or anything...) :o

Thanks!

Wonderful!!

Any idea when that might be?

(not that I'm rushing you or anything...) :o

I don't want to make deadlines I can't keep, so at this stage I won't say anything.

When I am happy with the quantity and quality of changes in the new 4.1 version I will make it public.

Phone-guy, you're asking too many questions to be answered here. Read the help file. Just click on the Help in the menu at the top, and all your questions will be answered if you just take the time to look.

Hackers always read the manual. That's how they learn how to do the hacks. People who don't read the manual often never learn how to do the basic stuff, never mind the more difficult things.

Thank you, I will check it out.

Thanks!

But if I recall, the logs you receive in a PQ are the 4 or 5 most recent and yours if you have it logged as a find. Since it doesn't include every log for the cache, unless your friend was within the prev 4 or 5, GSAK won't be able to tell even if Clyde wanted.

But if I recall, the logs you receive in a PQ are the 4 or 5 most recent and yours if you have it logged as a find. Since it doesn't include every log for the cache, unless your friend was within the prev 4 or 5, GSAK won't be able to tell even if Clyde wanted.

This is quite true. Even some of the existing filters in GSAK are only useful if you have the data. For example if you use LOC files as your source to update GSAK then many of the search categories are meaningless. For more information see item 2 of the GSAK FAQ

Regarding the logs. Don't forget that even though you only get the last 5 logs or so in a PQ, GSAK will accumulate them over time. There is no limit to the number of logs that can be stored in GSAK (other than physical disk size)

Thanks guys. I am a little overwhelmed by all the things that GSAK can do, so the learning curve is a little steep at this point. I tried the method Team Demp suggested and it worked perfectly. Then I got a little more brave and started banging away at the database with different filters and learned a bunch about what can be done. I think it would be a good idea for any new user to use the "default" database to practice using different filters. If you mess it up or even lose it you can easliy recover it, and not be worried as I was about losing my own data. As to why I wanted two different databases, at this point I am not sure (after seeing the filters work) but at that time I just wanted to have "found" and "not found" caches in two different databases for non clutter loading of the GPS'r. Now I see how it can be sorted before loading so the two databases are moot at this point. However, as a neat freak I think I will keep the two at this point.

Thanks especially ClydeE for a great program, and to Team Demp for helping ClydeE to answer some of these mundane questions.

Thumper <_<:blink::o

Thanks guys. I am a little overwhelmed by all the things that GSAK can do, so the learning curve is a little steep at this point.

Filters are just narrowing down the displayed records. The filters don't *remove* any of the data from your database you loaded them into. You should always be able to go back to a filter of None and see all the records.

I have everything in 1 database - found, not found, archived, etc. It's a complete view of my caching life. When I want to export data that's relevant to say a day of caching, I just check the User Flag and filter on that. Any exports are against the actively displayed data, so only records that have the User Flag set are sent to, in my case, MapSource. The same goes if you send to your GPS.

Unless there's something that keeping everything in a single database prevents you from doing, I think multiple databases just complicated things, especially with moving cache records from one database to another.

David

I've noticed a little oddity that I'm wondering if anyone else has seen. I have all caches in one database including my own, my finds, archived, etc. When I drop a PQ gpx file for "my finds" into this database my own find log does not display when viewing the cache off-line and subsequently does not end-up in my PDA. However when I drop that same gpx file into a new, unused database my find log displays as it should.

I prefer having all caches in one main database but it's no big deal to keep my finds as a separate DB.

Any suggestions? Olar

I've noticed a little oddity that I'm wondering if anyone else has seen. I have all caches in one database including my own, my finds, archived, etc. When I drop a PQ gpx file for "my finds" into this database my own find log does not display when viewing the cache off-line and subsequently does not end-up in my PDA. However when I drop that same gpx file into a new, unused database my find log displays as it should.

I prefer having all caches in one main database but it's no big deal to keep my finds as a separate DB.

Any suggestions? Olar

Hmmm. I havn't heard of this one before.

Check your setting for "Limit number of logs in offline pages" (Tools=>Options=>Html) to see if this is the problem.

I have everything in 1 database - found, not found, archived, etc. It's a complete view of my caching life. When I want to export data that's relevant to say a day of caching, I just check the User Flag and filter on that. Any exports are against the actively displayed data, so only records that have the User Flag set are sent to, in my case, MapSource. The same goes if you send to your GPS.

Unless there's something that keeping everything in a single database prevents you from doing, I think multiple databases just complicated things, especially with moving cache records from one database to another.

Interesting, I used GSAK in an entirely different way. I frequently delete the entire database and start a new one with a couple of PQs, to which I then apply GSAK filters to get what I want.

The only disadvantage of this that I can see is that I don't keep logs from before the most recent 4, which is a problem only in light of my wish to filter out caches found by someone else.

What else would I gain by keeping the database and just adding the new PQs? What happens if a cache gets archived? It would no longer show up in the PQ, so it would never be overwritten, and I might go out looking for it months after it is gone. Or is there a way to avoid that?

(I totally agree about the uselessness of multiple databases, BTW)

Interesting, I used GSAK in an entirely different way. I frequently delete the entire database and start a new one with a couple of PQs, to which I then apply GSAK filters to get what I want.

The only disadvantage of this that I can see is that I don't keep logs from before the most recent 4, which is a problem only in light of my wish to filter out caches found by someone else.

What else would I gain by keeping the database and just adding the new PQs? What happens if a cache gets archived? It would no longer show up in the PQ, so it would never be overwritten, and I might go out looking for it months after it is gone. Or is there a way to avoid that?

There are a few things I do with records (caches). Some times I add notes to them which would never get recreated if a record was deleted and re-added via a PQ.

For caches I found, if they are archived, it's a HUGE pain to get them back at this point so even running a PQ based on finds won't include those.

I keep other data (such as the find #, etc) on records I have found so those wouldn't be provided in any PQ either.

For determining if caches are archived, since I only get active caches in my PQ, I sort on the Last Update column and records older then the latest PQ date are either archived caches or they happen to be on the very fringe of the 500 and other newer caches in the 500 range made them fall outside the 500 I get in a PQ and they just didn't get included this time around.

I guess if you kept a database for your finds and then kept recreating a database for not founds, you'd end up with the same thing, but I guess I wonder why purge the Not Found one vs update it with the

I just took a look at my copy of GSAK and I also have the Corrected Coordinates bug.

I'd mainly been using them to correct locationless caches so that places I knew I could log would show up on my gps. Once I log the locationless I download the GPX to update my find count. When I load the single GPX the corrected coordiantes go away. Not that I care at that point but it would be an issue with multi and such.

If that "someone else" is also a premium member, then get them to do a PQ of their finds and send that GPX file to you. You could then combine that GPX with yours to produce a GSAK database that combines both your finds and hence you could now do a filter that excludes all caches found by both of you. This solution will work with GSAK now.

I just took a look at my copy of GSAK and I also have the Corrected Coordinates bug.

I'd mainly been using them to correct locationless caches so that places I knew I could log would show up on my gps. Once I log the locationless I download the GPX to update my find count. When I load the single GPX the corrected coordiantes go away. Not that I care at that point but it would be an issue with multi and such.

I still can't reproduce this and would like to get to the bottom of it. If you can reliably reproduce this problem then please read this post and get back to me via email.

Edited by ClydeE

I still can't reproduce this and would like to get to the bottom of it. If you can reliably reproduce this problem then please read this post and get back to me via email.

I was just changing the coords on the locationless caches since I don't think I was getting them in my PQs anyway, but for the heck of it, I edited the corrected coords for a locationless I found then went to the cache page and pulled down the GPX for the cache. I then dropped it on GSAK and it changed the actual coords back to those on the cache page, but the corrected coords remained and the distance reflected in GSAK is that of the corrected coords.

Maybe you can document the steps you take to reproduce it.

David

If that "someone else" is also a premium member, then get them to do a PQ of their finds and send that GPX file to you. You could then combine that GPX with yours to produce a GSAK database that combines both your finds and hence you could now do a filter that excludes all caches found by both of you. This solution will work with GSAK now.

Yes, she's a member too.

So she sends me a GPX of caches she found, I merge that with a file of all the caches I found, and hence have a database of all the caches one of us has found. So far I'm with you.

But how do I eliminate the caches in that database from my Unfound-database? You say it's possible, but I don't see how.

Hmm. would the following work?

1 - Open her Finds GPX in GSAK, and flag all caches

2 - Load my Unfound-in-the-target-area GPX into the same database, and merge.

3 - Hope the user flags won't get deleted in the course of the merger (will they?)

4 - Filter out all flagged caches

Will that work?

If you have a database of just your unfounds then it is even easier. I will assume you don't want to update any of your existing data.

1. save your current unfound database and give it a new name Database=>Save as..

2. Load your friends GPX file into this database, making sure you select the "always" option when merging in the GPX file.

Now if you set a filter on "not found" you will get all the caches that have not been found by either of you.

I am starting to wonder if this problem is just confusion with the term “corrected coordinates”

If you just edit a cache (right mouse click, edit) and change the coordinates, then unless you also tick the lock option, these coordinates will be overridden by the next GPX load. This would be the same behaviour for any other changes you make this way. This is not what I would call “corrected coordinates”.

The “corrected coordinates” is a special feature in GSAK that lets you change the coordinates but preserves them so GPX loading does not override them. When you use this feature, GSAK also displays “(Corrected)” in red after the coordinates in any HTML that GSAK generates (including split screen view)

To enter true “corrected coordinates” right mouse click and select this option or use the main menu via Waypoint=>Corrected Coordinates

You can also add this column to your grid view (Tools=>Options=>Display), then you can just double mouse click to view/edit corrected coordinates.

Edited: added last paragraph

Edited by ClydeE
If you have a database of just your unfounds then it is even easier. I will assume you don't want to update any of your existing data.

1. save your current unfound database and give it a new name Database=>Save as..

2. Load your friends GPX file into this database, making sure you select the "always" option when merging in the GPX file.

Now if you set a filter on "not found" you will get all the caches that have not been found by either of you.

I've done it exactly as you said, and it works. That's great! Thanks!

Hey Clyde...

In addition to making the TB link in the generated HTML actually link to the travel bug's page, I have another suggestion for the next version of GSAK. Could you add a column in the layout (GUI) that lists the travel bug name (not just the icon), kind of like having the cache name or the owner name there. Ideally, the travel bug name would link to the travel bug's page too. That way it would be easy to do a filter of only the caches that have travel bugs, and then you could see specifically which caches have Jeep 4x4's and stuff like that.

Thanks dude...

Hey Clyde...

In addition to making the TB link in the generated HTML actually link to the travel bug's page, I have another suggestion for the next version of GSAK. Could you add a column in the layout (GUI) that lists the travel bug name (not just the icon), kind of like having the cache name or the owner name there. Ideally, the travel bug name would link to the travel bug's page too. That way it would be easy to do a filter of only the caches that have travel bugs, and then you could see specifically which caches have Jeep 4x4's and stuff like that.

Thanks dude...

I will have a look at this, but really you can do it now. All travel bugs show up in the split screen view.

Feature requests:

1) Output in vcard (.vcf) format for iPod cachers. Now that GeoToad's under a cease-and-desist order, iPod cachers are SOL.

2) Group caching - exclude caches found/owned by (list of cacher userids). This allows a group of cachers to go on a caching excursion and everyone gets a fresh find.

3) Use the geocaching.com member ID number to determine cache ownership. Many of us place caches under an alias or a group name. These are not recognized as owned. For example, I placed GCJECY, but used an alias 'blue ibis,' instead of 'lowracer.' It shows up as a cache that I don't own.

Edited by lowracer
Feature requests:

1) Output in vcard (.vcf) format for iPod cachers. Now that GeoToad's under a cease-and-desist order, iPod cachers are SOL.

2) Group caching - exclude caches found/owned by (list of cacher userids). This allows a group of cachers to go on a caching excursion and everyone gets a fresh find.

3) Use the geocaching.com member ID number to determine cache ownership. Many of us place caches under an alias or a group name. These are not recognized as owned. For example, I placed GCJECY, but used an alias 'blue ibis,' instead of 'lowracer.' It shows up as a cache that I don't own.

1. I have not idea what this format is. First time anybody has requested it. If GPSBabel supports it then so will GSAK.

2. You can effectively do this now. See this postand the following reply.

3. There already is an option for you to use the gc.com ID rather than the name.

Feature requests:

1) Output in vcard (.vcf) format for iPod cachers.  Now that GeoToad's under a cease-and-desist order, iPod cachers are SOL.

As Clyde posted and I think I referenced in the GeoToad thread, GSAK uses GPSBabel under the covers to do any exporting to the slew of formats that GSAK supports.

I think GeoToad also relied on GPSBabel for some of it export formats, so you might already be familiar with it. GPSBabel's site is at http://gpsbabel.sourceforge.net/ and you can subscribe to the discussion mailing list to see if the request has already been made and if not see if it's something the author is willing to add.

Edit: Info on the VCF format - http://www.imc.org/pdi/

Edited by Team DEMP

Well I can't seem to re-produce the corrected coordinates bug now. I've done a couple things though.

1. I upgraded to 4.02 I was using 4.0 somehow I missed the .01 release.

2. I did a repair / defrag.

I was using the corrected coordinates function not the edit. Maybe it was just a bug in 4.0. :huh:

2. You can effectively do this now. See this postand the following reply.

3. There already is an option for you to use the gc.com ID rather than the name.

1. vcard (.vcf) format is used by folks wanting to use their iPod to store cache descriptions and hints, using the 'Contacts' feature of the iPod. Now that the GeoToad's been gigged, there may be more demand for support of the vcard format in other tools. GeoToad was open source, and I believe used the Ruby language, not sure how easy it would be to port the vcard code to GPSBabel. Anyway, I miss caching with my iPod. Once i finish finding the 768 caches I still have left in it, I'm back to carrying the PDA.

2. Thanks for that tip. I hadn't thought of that. This method will unfortunately not work if any of my group are not premium members though.

3. D'oh! Sorry about that.

Clyde, this looks like a tool I'll be using quite a lot, especially now that GeoToad's under the restraining order. I am hooked on the filtering, the smart names and comments, especially the ability to tailor these last two using the various tags. Stand by for PayPal payment. (And BTW enter one more vote for a native Mac OS X version.)

I hope that this thread is OK for my question.

I have just downloaded and installed GSAK. When I tried to download data from my Garmin GPSmap 60CS I did not find USB from the menu. I tried to found the topin from help-files, but it knew only advice about com-ports.

Am I correct in assuming, that GSAK does not support USB-connection, or am I just blind for not finding this issue from TFI?

-eni- :huh:

Am I correct in assuming, that GSAK does not support USB-connection, or am I just blind for not finding this issue from TFI?

There's no need for it (sure it would be nice to have, but it's not at all necessary).

Just export all of your GSAK waypoints to a MapSource MPS file (this is easily done by clicking on the "Export MapSource MPS file" button on GSAK's toolbar), double click on the resulting MPS file that was created by GSAK (or have GSAK open it automatically for you by checking the "Load file into MapSource after generation?" check box in the Export to MapSource dialog box), and then use MapSource to send the waypoints to your 60C via USB.

This is super fast (takes less than 2 seconds), super easy, and doesn't cost you a red cent since MapSource and the USB cable comes free with your 60C (not to mention the fact that GSAK is free too - although donations to the author to support its continued development are nice).

I hope this helps some...

I have several 'Puzzle' caches in my database. I have solved the puzzles, but have not yet had the opportunity to search for these caches. I entered corrected coordinates for each of these, but the next time I downloaded a local pocket query, they were set back to the posted coordinates. OK, I'll lock the records! I did that, but the corrected coordinates still went away, but the rest of the record was not updated and remained locked. Is there a way to keep corrected coordinates from reverting back to the posted coordinates from the pocket queries? Maybe my expectations are wrong.

Thanks for any enlightenment.

Brian

If this is happening then it is a bug.

Corrected coordinates should remain regardless if you lock the record or not.

I have had no other reports of this behaviour. Could you first try the Database=>Repair/Defrag option then enter 1 corrected coordinate and try the gpx load again.

If you still have the problem then please email me privately so we can get to the bottom of this.

Clyde

Sorry for the late reply. I did as suggested, and all is well now. I'll let you know if the problem appears again.

Thanks again

Brian

Okay..this is a newbie question, but I'm a newbie to Gsak...so what the heck!

I have a ton of caches open in Gsak. I want to only send a few certain ones to my gps, Palm, or Mapsource. How do I select only certain caches to send? I figured out how to send the all, but not a select few.

Thanks for your help :smile:

Ed

No prob...

If you just want to select a few, turn any current check marks off (User Flags>Clear All User Flags) and then select (flag) the ones you want. Then go into the filters (Search>Filter) and set up a filter that only searches for flagged items (see "User Fag" near the bottom right in the filter). If you want to do it again a little easier next time just remember to save the filter and then it's on your filter drop down list. I call mine "flagged".

I should add that all the real power in GSAK is learning how to use the filters.

Edited by Team GeoDillo

I have a problem with GSAK and Cachemate. Anybody else?

When I create a cachemate .pdb file, and select "intstall to Palm

after conversion", the .pdb file is no longer installed to my Palm, but

I have to add it manually. I do not know since which update this doesn't

work anymore, or whether it is my own problem, since I reinstalled XP

some weeks ago. However, when I double-click a pdb file, it is

installed, so the file association does work. How do I get GSAK to call the Palm install tool automatically again?

JGeo

I have a ton of caches open in Gsak. I want to only send a few certain ones to my gps, Palm, or Mapsource. How do I select only certain caches to send? I figured out how to send the all, but not a select few.

GeoDillo gave you the specific steps. Whatever is displayed in the main grid window is what is exported or sent to the GPS. Use filters to limit the data displayed in the main grid window. In your case, checking the User Flag and filtering on User Flag is probably the quickest way as GeoDillo pointed out.

I have a problem with GSAK and Cachemate. Anybody else?

When I create a cachemate .pdb file, and select "intstall to Palm

after conversion", the .pdb file is no longer installed to my Palm, but

I have to add it manually. I do not know since which update this doesn't

work anymore, or whether it is my own problem, since I reinstalled XP

some weeks ago. However, when I double-click a pdb file, it is

installed, so the file association does work. How do I get GSAK to call the Palm install tool automatically again?

JGeo

I'm using version GSAK 4.02 and it has a check box when you actually run the export that says "install to palm after conversion". Make sure this is checked. You will also need to have the Palm Desktop software installed too.