The Great American Football Stadium Tb Race

Team PEZ

In addition to North America, we are looking to get some more international entrants into the The Great American Football Stadium Travel Bug Race (Travel Bugs do not have to be of a football nature)

We've got England so far. And of course, always willing to have more entrants from North America. Step up and join! ITS FREE!!! And the prizes aren't too shabby!

-TP

www.TravelBugRacer.com

Edited by Team PEZ
Team PEZ: what typically happens with these TB's after the race? Does the bug owner change its mission or what?

Zack

thanks for your question zach! after the race is over, all cachers choose what they want to do with the tb. it's completely up to them.

some things that have been done are:

if a persons tb is in another cachers hand, they can contact said person and ask if they could make a new tag with a new adventure, mail it back to the owner, or whatever they want. and then there are some people that will just let it float around the world aimlessly.

i personally have been contacted by numerous people to send it back to them, or to print another tag with a new adventure.

hope that helps. let us know if you and/or anyone is interested in joining.

best,

-TP

www.travelbugracer.com

Question: DC and Baltimore MD are considered two separate "states"? I realize DC is technically not a state so can we count it as one or should we exclude it?

Zack

Scheming B)

count it as two - youve got the redskins and ravens... how nice would that be for someone to grab your bug and get 2 stadiums? its happened in the baseball race quite a few times!

send me your city and state where you are, so i can add you to the list.

-TP

send me your city and state where you are, so i can add you to the list.

TP:

I'm about 1 1/2 hours south of you ATL guys down here in Warner Robins, GA. I'm planning to go to the Aug GGA meeting so I'll give you my TB there.

Zack

P.S. Good luck with school starting up - you teachers have tough jobs these days.

TP:

I was reading the cache page last night while preparing my TB and would like to make a request for a rule change. Instead of allowing a single TB to claim a state how about allowing a single TB to claim a stadium. Take Florida for example - you have three different pro teams there. As the rules stand now as soon as a TB claims the stadium where one of the teams play the entire state is claimed.

To me the one state per travel bug could screw things up enough that no single bug would be able to visit 7 states to claim. How are you going to handle things when all states have been claimed? Pick the TB with the highest number of state claims and declare it as the winner?

Perhaps I'm reading it wrong, which I hope I am. If that is the case would you please explain this sentence to me "Only 1 (one) state allowed per travel bug."

Thanks!

Zack

zack,

"... Take Florida for example - you have three different pro teams there. As the rules stand now as soon as a TB claims the stadium where one of the teams play the entire state is claimed. "

no, you are reading it incorrectly. once any travel bug claims a stadium, that same travel bug can not claim another stadium in the same state. for example, if racer x picks up pro player stadium, any other stadium in florida that (s)he picks up will not count towards the mandatory 7 stadiums. the same thing with racer y... (s)he can also grab pro player stadium, but must move on to another state for the remaining 6 stadiums. the state does not close for other racers.

this was done to prevent any one travel bug grabbing all the stadiums in any one state and advancing.

hope that helps! glad to see that you are joining the race. if anyone else is interested, www.travelbugracer.com

-TP

zack,

"... Take Florida for example - you have three different pro teams there. As the rules stand now as soon as a TB claims the stadium where one of the teams play the entire state is claimed. "

no, you are reading it incorrectly. once any travel bug claims a stadium, that same travel bug can not claim another stadium in the same state. for example, if racer x picks up pro player stadium, any other stadium in florida that (s)he picks up will not count towards the mandatory 7 stadiums. the same thing with racer y... (s)he can also grab pro player stadium, but must move on to another state for the remaining 6 stadiums.

this was done to prevent any one travel bug grabbing all the stadiums in any one state and advancing.

hope that helps! glad to see that you are joining the race. if anyone else is interested, www.travelbugracer.com

-TP

TP: I understand the stadium stuff. Once a stadium is claimed in a state then all TB's in the race must go to that stadium. Makes sense.

What still confuses me is on the cache page under objective the second sentence reads "Only 1 (one) state allowed per travel bug." Should state be changed to stadium?

Zack

TP: I understand the stadium stuff. Once a stadium is claimed in a state then all TB's in the race must go to that stadium. Makes sense.

What still confuses me is on the cache page under objective the second sentence reads "Only 1 (one) state allowed per travel bug." Should state be changed to stadium?

Zack

no - any bug can visit any stadium in any state - regardless of whether its been visited by another bug or not.

as for the only 1 state per travel bug rule - it will stand as is. for example, racer x hits pro player stadium in florida. he can still visit the other 2 stadiums, but it will NOT count towards the mandatory 7 stadiums.

hope that helps.

-TP

Edited by Team PEZ

C'mon folks! We want some more racers! We've got a few from Europe (Germany and England), 1 from Canada and the rest from the states. You have nothing to lose, and heck, its free to enter. Weekly updates! Many chances to win free travel bug tags like a mystery stadium contest and mile marker winners. And a few other surprises we have for you!

Don't forget - the winner of the NFL race recieves 4 free brand new travel bug tags! Kick off is in 13 days - dont miss out! Send us an email (visit website on the bottom)

The Great American Football Stadium Travel Bug Race

-TP

Travel Bug Racer web page

I've got a question. According to the rules the bugs must be placed into a cache and not moved by the same cacher again with no electronic drops.

"3. This bug racer must physically be put into a cache. No electronic "drop-ins" allowed. Someone else has to retrieve the bug after cache placement."

Now -

is this not what is happening because the 2 bugs posted as logging 2 stadiums already have visited 2 states and 2 stadiums, all from one logged name. the same cacher has logged both stadiums for both bugs, and still has the two bugs in their possesion. I know that this is not something that the bug owners can stop, but if the rules say that the bugs must be moved by another cacher then shouldn't only one stadium count? Just my observations. Thanks.

coachV

Interesting. The racers are being carried by the same geocacher ID, however, the logs indicate that 2 members from the same team are swapping off the TBs between stadiums and caches. They could have just as easily created 2 geocacher IDs and legally done the same thing. So what they are doing may be allowed. We'll have to wait on the ruling here.

This will be a tough call though, because Team Pez owns one of the leaders. B)

Edited by JMTBUZZ

Would like to know the answer to that one as well. I was under the impression that the bugs had to be left in a nearby cache for someone else to pick them up.

In fact, I even told the person who has mine not to travel with it and get 2 stadiums before placing it into a cache (he offered). I said the rules state the TBs had to be placed into a cache after visiting each stadium, and then be picked up by someone else.

If these cachers are in the same family or cache together on a regular basis, that's basically one and the same person as far as I'm concerned. I don't care if they end up having two user IDs or not. It's still one and the same the way I see it.

Also, I assume they do not have a bug in the race then. Because after the initial drop, none of us are allowed to touch any of the racer TBs (as per the rules).

Edited by AtlantaGal
I've got a question.  According to the rules the bugs must be placed into a cache and not moved by the same cacher again with no electronic drops.

"3. This bug racer must physically be put into a cache. No electronic "drop-ins" allowed. Someone else has to retrieve the bug after cache placement."

coachV

Well to Quote the rules correctly it reads.

"All travel bug racers must physically be put in a cache - no electronic "drop-ins" allowed."

The rules say nothing about someone else having to pick up the TB.

The above rule was put in to stop drop in's by cachers starting the race from another location. EX we had entries from Canada, England and Germany. We wanted the bugs here to start the race so the bugs had to be here in our hands not just droped in.

One person caould visit 3 stadiums with a bug and prove the bug was there with a picture at the stadium. The bug doesn't have to be placed in a cache in that state to qualify the bugs visit. Therefore one cacher that travels could take a bug to 7 stadiums.

IF the cacher that has taken these two bugs to the two stadiums were to have a bug in the race, any stadiums after the first log wouldn't count to ward the standings. As these cachers do not have a bug in the race there is no foul.

Sorry penlaty flag was throw in error. Time in, start the clock continue the game.

the 2 TB's in question show that they were placed into a cache, so I have no problem there, the problem comes in when the same cacher picks them back up and takes them to PA, getting a 2nd stadium. then in that post they say that they put them in the cache but the other person with them picked them up and gave them back. The cacher still has both TB's in their inventory which says that they travelled from GA > PA then back to GA(if that is where the cacher is from)??? they haven't been placed since then. thanks for looking into this. Whatever the ruling is will be fine, we just need to know what rule this will all go by. thanks.

I understand the refs ruling, but need to clarify something. The shared text that most TB owners pasted into their NFL Racer TB pages reads "Someone else has to retrieve the bug after cache placement." Is that not correct?

We c&p-ed that rule from "Patriot NFL TB Racer", owned by GA Cacher, after we compared it to "PEZ's Favorite Martian", owned by Team PEZ, both co-organisators of the race - we thought that they know the rules of the race and we can trust on them. :-) (In the meantime I deleted that rule on the TB bug sheet but I guess it will remain on the laminated tag of the TB. ;-) )

BTW, we have no problem with the ruling. For me it's just funny to see that with a small mistake big confusion arise. But for us it's only a fun game anyway and if "Frankfurt Galaxy" wouldn't take part in the race his mission would be to visit football games - but I guess we wouldn't have him ready and out there by now. ;-)

Greetings,

Tobias

"...we thought that they know the rules of the race and we can trust on them. :-)"

and you still certainly can - now and in the future.

you can lead a horse to water, but cant make him drink. rules were explained, both on the computer (for the masses out in internet land) and in person, but how others interpret them is another story.

i am 100% positive that the actions taken were very innocent and not meant to cause any controversary as in this situation. we do have to remember that this is a game and people will do things differently than it is supposed to happen. thats the beauty of travel bugs and travel bug races... beating all odds (hornswaggaling, bamboozeling, pilfering of tb's and caches, etc) to complete its mission.

would any one of you feel the same way you do now if your TB was chosen at the kickoff? think about it.

in closing, am i happy that my TB has 2 stadiums? your darn right i am! (heck, my baseball racer only has 1 stadium and we started that race back in february!)

if anyone is still upset about this, please contact me privately, and we will talk about this.

remember, its a fun game for all.

- TP

Edited by Team PEZ
"...we thought that they know the rules of the race and we can trust on them. :-)"

and you still certainly can - now and in the future.

I'm not sure if you're upset or anything with me, I was trying to make a joke.

If we are too lazy to copy the official rules from the page and use instead your work, I can't complain about anything... :-)

would you feel the same way you do now if your TB was chosen at the kickoff? think about it.

Our TB has one stadium already! :-) And I honestly hope that all others who don't have a visit yet will get their first stadium too very soon, in particular the three still listed in the event.

Greetings,

Tobias

Just a quick question here -- we picked up SpiderWebb's Racer-bug in TN a few weeks ago, took him to Wisconsin and photographed him at Lambeau Field, then left him at a cache in Indiana. Those all show up on the bug's log-page. However, when we checked on the racer-bug stats, updated November 7th, it says that SpiderWebb's Racer is in Savannah Georgia and only has the Atlanta stadium to his credit ??!!?? javascript:emoticon(':D') Was there something wrong with the picture, or the way we logged it???

Fun sport -- we would like to get into the next sports-race! (Hey, how about a NASCAR-track-theme race??)

Thanks for your time...

Just a quick question here -- we picked up SpiderWebb's Racer-bug in TN a few weeks ago, took him to Wisconsin and photographed him at Lambeau Field, then left him at a cache in Indiana.  Those all show up on the bug's log-page.  However, when we checked on the racer-bug stats, updated November 7th, it says that SpiderWebb's Racer is in Savannah Georgia and only has the Atlanta stadium to his credit ??!!??  javascript:emoticon(':D')    Was there something wrong with the picture, or the way we logged it???

Fun sport -- we would like to get into the next sports-race!  (Hey, how about a NASCAR-track-theme race??)

Thanks for your time...

the answer is plain and very simple ... we screwed up!

your picture very much counts - thank you! the correction is made and will be noted on sundays update. thanks for the heads up TBC!

as for another race, this and the baseball race keeps us very busy! but you never know!

again, thanks for the heads up!

best,

TP, GAC, THs.

Travel Bug Racer