Am I Allowed To Do This?

festus3030

Spending the last 2 days getting my first cache ready. Spent 4 hours at different stores trying to find the perfect container ;) . I think I have a good spot to put it. My Question is: I know that I am new, and that the rest of you are probably good, But I am scared that it may be TOO HARD to find. Am I allowed to put another cache about 1/4 or so miles away with a hint to the cache site in it? Thanks

Well, now that sounds like a multi to me. Go ahead and put in your parking coords in the general description of the cache, as I mentioned last night in your other post. If you want to make it a multi, then each hidden container or hint, has it's own coords. The first container gets the coords shown on the web-site. Some people hide containers along the trail of a multi-cache, or they bring you to a spot where you have to do some math to figure out the next step (this is an example, there are other ways to do this). Otherwise, if you think your original container is really hard to find (follow the rules, of course), then you can up your rating for difficulty when you submit your hide to your approver. Also, you can change your ratings once your cache has been approved, so don't sweat it so much. We were really stressed out as well when we placed our first (another one to come soon) cache, but it all turned out fine because we followed all the rules. May be you should keep it simple for your first hide. Anyways, have fun. Hit the trails, and Happy Caching!

I am constantly amazed at how good the cachers are in my area. I hid a micro and expected many DNF's. I think I have had one. I am getting better with the camo and have some very sneaky ones I am working on. Don't underestimate the cachers you will have looking for it. If you rate it a 2 or 3 difficulty and getting a lot of DNF's, you may want to consider editing the page and raising the level of difficulty. Also, if you think it could be a 4, why not pick out a couple of 4's in your area and go and try them, to get a better feel on rating yours. And don't forget, there is a rating guide to help you as you are entering the cache for approval.

Just rate it a 4 star for difficulty (if that's what it is) and the cachers who like a challenge will look for it.

Just don't under-rate it and frustrate cachers looking for a less clever cache.

Ed

Edited by The Badge & the Butterfly
My Question is: I know that I am new, and that the rest of you are probably good, But I am scared that it may be TOO HARD to find. Am I allowed to put another cache about 1/4 or so miles away with a hint to the cache site in it?

Yes

I am constantly amazed at how good the cachers are in my area.

Me too, I don't think I could hide a cache good enough around here to ever get a couple of DNF's.

I'm going to try anyway. ;)

Just don't under-rate it and frustrate cachers looking for a less clever cache.

Don't over rate it.

If there is one thing I can't stand is going to a cache that is rated 2 or 3 and you end up driving up to within 50 ft of it in the family car. Then get out and walk a path through the grass to it and find it next to the only tree in the area.

If you search my profile you won't find the cache I'm talking about because it is one I adopted.

I rehide the cache in a little hard spot to get to and then changed the rating to a 1/1 like it should be.

Boot Group , Briansnat et al ,,I don't know how to thank you. I have only just started this, ( heard about in January from a friend and became a member, just to see what it was all about, did my first cache about 2 days ago and bought the GPS the same day).Very friendly place this is. Nice to see like minded people willing to help a fellow geocacher. ( at least trying to be ;) ) Thanks Guys