What's In A Name Locationless Cache Help

KC0GRN

Hey all,

I'm not sure what area of Canada this will be in, but I'm looking for anyone that would like to help me get the locationless Where's in a Name? cache.

My nickname converts to 52° 04.760 (last digit can be anything really, as my nick is only 6 letters long).

So if anyone is near this North coordinate, has a digital camera, and is willing to help (you get credit for the cache too), let me know.

Thanks!

I'm no-where near those co-ords, so I can't help you directly... but if you search for caches close to that latitude you should be able to find cachers in some local towns. There are a few places that pass close to your "line": Williams Lake BC (N52 deg 11.0', W122 deg 10.6'), Red Deer Alberta is reasonably close (N 52 deg 16.4' W 113 deg 47.2'), and Saskatoon Saskatchewan is very close (N 52 deg 08.8' W 106 deg 40.7')

Hope that helps - good luck!

I am going on a road trip to Edmonton in the next couple of weeks. If I get the opportunity I will try.

It will come down to whether or not there is a good place to pull the truck+trailer over when I hit that point of the road.

see what happens.

can't you actually do the cache in longitude too. I am sure there must be something near E052 04.760.

Thanks for trying Big Kid. I'm willing to wait a couple weeks to see if you are successful before trying along the longitude.

I thought about Canada first because I live in Minnesota, which borders the country. Plus I've always prefered more nothern locations, so that's why I was thinking of Canada first.

Good luck on the road trip!

Note to The Big Kid.

That latitude along Highway 2 should put you just north of Antler Hill, North of Innisfail. There is of course a pullout just at the top of that hill, you could walk the ditch a bit from there I'm sure.

I have alread logged this cache, but could pop down there on the bike for a pic if needed as well. KC, let me know later if someone who has not already logged this cache cannot help you.

Sorry, but I was unable, I came up the yellowhead, and there was nowhere to stop. Traffic over the aug long weekend was awful. Drivers were $%#holes. I cannot count without removing my shoes how many close calls were had by idiots trying to pass on double solid and driving other traffic into ditches.

I really loved my 8 wheel locked up skid I did when some blonde in a blue toyota pulled out infront of me from a wide spot.

sorry, but I couldn't stop and the camera wasn't handy enough for the wife to try and take the picture on the move.

TBK

I'm looking for this one as well, GC3153. My coordinates translate to 74 24.279 with the last digit being optional. I figure I have more chance of finding that as longitude than latitude.

It runs through eastern Canada so I thought I would start here rather than the USA, having visited Vancouver, the Rockies and Montreal a few years back and loving the whole visit. Definitely somewhere I want to return to and see a lot more.

Anyone in the right place - a line just west of Montreal who can help with this one?

Thanks - Richary (Richard) from Australia

According to the convertions I made, it's somewhere between Ottawa and Montreal so you shouldn't have any problem finding somebody to help you. I live in Ottawa and might be driving to Montreal this weekend (not 100% sure.) If I do, I'll take a picture of my GPS showing these coordinates.

Edit: According to my map, this would intersect with my route next to a corn field.

Alex

Edited by fortrel
Sorry, but I was unable, I came up the yellowhead, and there was nowhere to stop. Traffic over the aug long weekend was awful. Drivers were $%#holes. I cannot count without removing my shoes how many close calls were had by idiots trying to pass on double solid and driving other traffic into ditches.

I really loved my 8 wheel locked up skid I did when some blonde in a blue toyota pulled out infront of me from a wide spot.

sorry, but I couldn't stop and the camera wasn't handy enough for the wife to try and take the picture on the move.

TBK

Thanks for trying The Big Kid. Glad ya didn't risk anyones safety to get it anyways :rolleyes: Sounds like it was a rougher trip.

I'll check with Dino to see if they're still interested in helping.

Thanks again!

Kinda looking still. Someone else emailed me and said they took one too, but they said their picture was blurry and you might not be able to make the coords out.

Nice to have a few willing people, I guess I'll just say it's 1st come 1st served. So the first one to get a viewable picture up on the locationless cache page to post as a find will be the one that gets it :(

Thanks for the help everyone!