Why Do People Close Topics They Started?

Alan2

Others might be interested in the discussion, learning from it. The starter might get additional information that also could be useful to him or her. I always let my topics "die" on their own and eventually go off the front page.

What's the rush in closing them? Why close them at all?

Alan ;)

I tend to close them when people lose interest. When it gets to the bottom of page one, or when the purpose is served.

You do know that the first page only represents the last 24 hours or so, don't you? Some people only log in once a week. By closing a thread in this manner, you're not allowing them to participate.

Once a topic loses interest, it will fall down the list on its own. You don't need to help it. If you aren't interested in the topic anymore, stop reading the thread.

If someone starts a topic and later decides to close it that is their right. It was their topic and the either got what they wanted from it or decided they didn't need any additional input. If you disagree with the topic being closed then start it back up yourself. The fact that someone thinks that the topic shouldn't have been closed doesn't matter.

I think the only good reason to close your thread is when it's gone horribly off-topic.

Even if the question has been answered to your satisfaction, someone else might want to chime in....like I'm doing now. :blink:

I promise to not close this topic even if my question has been answered (can it be?) or it goes horribly off-topic. And after everyone's made their point, it'll be around for a newbie who will chime in figuring he/she has something important to add, even if he doesn't. Isn't that what the forums are about? :D

Why do people close topics?

You might also ask, why do people open topics?

Who is John Galt? :blink::D

Top Results for “john galt” Results 1 - 10 of about 84,279.

John Galt - Demand planning, business forecasting, supply chain planning, sales forecasting, sales and operations planning ...

Offering accurate, and cost effective business forecasting, demand planning, supply chain planning, and demand forecasting software solutions for sales forecasting. John Galt can improve any ...

www.johngalt.com/

John Galt - eBooks - New Releases!

John Galt. John Galt eBooks. John Galt eBooks. The Provost. The Provost. Many more eBook titles. Bookmark this page and visit again to view more titles. About eBooks. eBooks are books that are available in digital format. ... John Galt eBooks. John Galt - Now Available! John Galt (1779 - 1839) Born in Irvine, Scotland, son of ...

www.ebookmall.com/alpha-authors/John-Galt.htm

Ron / John for President

Welcome to the Ron / John for U.S. President Page. ... going to win the Presidential Election. The John Galt jr platform revolves around four things: Peace, Freedom, Common ... My nom de plume of John Galt jr is highly recognizable among ...

members.aol.com/johng101/jonpol.htm

Wasn't there a John Galt in one of Ayn Rand's novels? Atlas Shrugged?

Here ya go:

Atlas Shrugged

Book Description

At last, Ayn Rand's masterpiece is available to her millions of loyal readers in trade paperback.

With this acclaimed work and its immortal query, "Who is John Galt?", Ayn Rand found the perfect artistic form to express her vision of existence. Atlas Shrugged made Rand not only one of the most popular novelists of the century, but one of its most influential thinkers.