Four Events In One In Northeast Pa!

PSUPAUL

Come One, Come All. New Cachers and Old!

We had so much fun at our Cito Event in Moon Lake Park, and we made an impression. They want us back!

We noticed that this jewel of a park doesn't have a good trail map- so we want to fix that.

We had a great time camping so we want to do it again.

We like to eat so we want to have a potluck cook out.

We love bringing new people to our sport so at 2:00 on Saturday we are going to run a seminar. Complete with computer intro, GPS tips, and some temporary caches to try.

But to make this work we need lots of help. So far it is IMLost and myself, but they are giving us this big group camping area- SO LETS FILL IT UP! As soon as the event page is approved I will update this post.

Come on NEPA cachers, don't let us down.

I want to say, SIGN ME UP!!!, but I  don't see a date. is it for this Saturday???or a later date? 

Geo-Packrat!!!!

Oops. I cut and pasted from the page, forgetting that the date wasn't in the part I cut and pasted. Most of the activities are for Saturday July 31st. The campout will be Friday night and Saturday if there is interest.

and here is the link to the page Geocaching University- Moon Lake Campus

Edited by PSUPAUL

I'll be there......I'm not missing the camperoo this time. I heard the nite-caching stories from the Spring event at Moon Lake and remember the mysterious nightime tree fire at "Red Rock & Rolls" at Ricketts Glen SP event last year too.

Looking forward to utilizing some of those seldom used features for the maping project. Having fun, attracting new geocachers and a public service for Moon Lake Park to boot. COOL !!!!

Plan on me being there Friday thru Sunday. Rain or Shine.

Let me know where I can assist, IE: mapping, presentation, food service, etc.

I'm not quite ready to decide on what to bring for the Pot Luck. I'll wait a few days to see what turnout will look like.

PS.....If it rains I'll show you where Tom and Noreen live. Ha Ha !!!

Currently there are 3 caches in the park proper. All well within easy striking distance. It is my understanding that there will probably be some Temp. Caches too. There are also several caches in the general area and if you come via route 118 there are several in the lower Ricketts Glen area.

The event counts ONE, and there's 3 there, that are within reasonable walking distance....that allows me 2 more, I will be avoiding that new park and grab in Danville. Which I think I know where it's at....I looked abit on my way home sunday....but I didn't have the coords in my PDA or GPS, so I could only guess. Still it's a Micro!!!!!!

I don't know what Holth's micros look like, and it could of been anywhere.......

if this works out fine...I will be trying Peter's Vista on Sunday!!!!!

If anyone wants to Join me!!!! I'm going to try and start from the parking lot for the AT there at Routes 147/322 intersection at 11am.(maybe 12 noon)