Server Nightmare Again?

Firehouse16

Anyone else notice the last two days the gc.com servers have been terrible, just as bad as they were weeks ago before the supposed upgrades? I've been tryin to bring up caches pages and log caches and I keep getting errors and server timeouts, frustrating as hell..............again. ;)

I withdrawl my previous comment and now agree. I count 32 seconds to get onto geocaching.com, as opposed to an average of 4 seconds to other sites. I guess I just didnt notice it until you mentioned something. Dont mind the wait, its not that long.

Edited by Nappy10
I count 32 seconds to get onto geocaching.com, as opposed to an average of 4 seconds to other sites. I guess I just didnt notice it until you mentioned something. Dont mind the wait, its not that long.

We spend 8 hours finding a cache, then can't we wait a few extra seconds for the internetsite to wake up? ;)

I can wait a few minutes easily for a website to show up on my screen. What bugs me is when it times out when I'm trying to get a nearest caches listing to find the next cache to log and it just shows an empty list.

Maybe we need something on each cache page that'll make it easier to get to the next cache to log. I'm thinking either a list of the first few caches near that cache, or just a place to enter a GCID to get to the next cache page. I'm guessing the second option would help save some time for the system and maybe speed things up a little on the weekend when everyone's logging.

GSAK is great, but when trying to log or list caches the server needs to be fail safe. Here it is Monday morning and the theme of the day is?

"Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding."

Edited by Firehouse16