geocaching magazines

papa & the bears

Are there any magazines available on the newstands or by subscription that deal with geocaching ?

Occassionally I will come across an article in some paper or other which usually sensationalizes the sport/hobby . It seems all other liesure time pursuits have something in print so , how about us ? (Acknowledging of course this great website but it is hard to put in your pack and take with you).

papa & the bears

This would be neat even if Geocaching.com printed it , say quarterly and we could pay for subscriptions..People could place adds in it for there services i.e. custom stamp making, for personal stamps, container sales, etc etc

Reviews on equipment...

Reviews on Good Caches!

I'd even be willing to drop it off at my local hiking spot or hiking store after I'm done with it, so others could read about it...

See you in the woods!

Natureboy1376

quote:
Originally posted by CoyoteFan:

Hello all!

Just thought I would let you know that Groundspeak is working on a magazine idea as we speak. The magazine is probably going to be bi-monthly (once avery two months) and have articles in it like "Cache of the Month", "Travel Bug Travels", and Geocaching Statistics. Anybody got any good stories???

Coyote Fan

Where did you hear this?

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

Where did you hear this?

I used the wrong phraseology. I heard, from a guy I know, that Groundspeak is looking into a magazine deal. There is nothing definite that I know of. Sorry if I misled anyone. I guess we will know if it is true when we see a magazine! (I still think it is a good idea!)

Coyote Fan

The Inside of the back page being a Glossary for all the terminology for the game..There are new ones each day..

Then a Page where Cachers can send in random caching quotes maybe call it Cache 100 and list 100 random funnies on a page....

Simular to the hemp 100 from High Times Mag, if you have ever read that!!I think every one has peeked in one in there colege days....

See you in the woods!

Natureboy1376

quote:
Originally posted by brdad:

Evidently you all missed my post back in http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3000917383&m=2660976735&r=2710998735#2710998735 where I even showed an example? Still seems like a good idea looking back at that cover...

_Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs._

Hey, that looks like a great magazine! How much for a subscription?

Coyote Fan

That inset is hilarious. Doesn't look like my '96 Saturn SL2 though (shh. It's got a moon roof!)

We get all kinds of business opportunity emails, but 99% of them don't cut the mustard. TV shows on Geocaching, magazines on Geocaching, and books on geocaching top the list. The only thing I can say we're pursuing at the moment is a book idea. We'll probably post a note on the site looking for stories and tips so we can do it right. A "people's book" of sorts.

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

My local bike club puts out a newsletter in .pdf format that club members can download from a website. the file is usually 700k in size, so modem users would have to download it to their hard-drive to read it with Adobe Acrobat Reader. icon_smile.gif

The only expenses would be time to assemble the material and website space for people to get it. icon_biggrin.gif

I'm not Lost, my GPS says I'm right here....no over here......no over here.

My wife asked me why I read these forums so much. I asked her what her favorite magazine was (she told me). I said, imagine that every time you pick up the magazine from the coffee table all of the articles had changed. Every time! Even if you just read it a couple of hours ago.

That's how I view these forums -- an ever changing magazine. I even get to contibute.

geospotter

quote:
Originally posted by Team Madison:

Hey...I'm a "stay at home mom"...where do I sign up to do articles for the new magazine???

You want to write articles, or a appear in the "Girls of Geocaching" issue? Or better yey, both? icon_biggrin.gif

Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.