Going From Ontario To Banff And Back

Swifteroo

Hey Canadian Geocaching world. In exactly a month from yesterday I am headed out west to Banff AB, on my Honeymoon from the Barrie area, and both my wife and I plan on doing a bunch of caches in the area.

I wanted to offer my travels to any Travel bugs that are headed out west (or back east for that matter) to try and get them out of the "GTA TB Black Hole" :unsure:

I also wanted to get anyones opinions on good caches in that location.

Hey Res,

I looked over that bug. As I was printing out the cache location to go pick it up, I thought to myself.. This bug has only been to 2 caches since it was dropped off.. Talk about completing your goal with excessive speed! :unsure:

I guess it *IS* the bug's goal to get back to banff.. so maybe I will go ahead and grab it! hehe.

Glad to hear your comming out west. Not only are there lot's of great caches in Banff there are lots just off the highway from Calgary to Banff

GC7C56 and GCJQ9C are two of my favorates the first one is in Banff the other is in a provincial park on the way to Banff :unsure:

Edited by Scouter John

I've done the drive a few times (I lived in Banff for 4 years ...waaaaay back in the good 'ol days - the '70's). I hope there are lots through the prairies to break up the drive - I sure could have used them. Of course I was driving alone at the time.

Congrats on your marriage and I hope you find some part of the old town that is left. <sniff> Have a soak in the Sulpher Springs for me!

on my Honeymoon from the Barrie area

I don't know, will you have time to go caching?

;)

We only have 1 week for our honeymoon! We have to get all the Geocaches in we possibly can. I dont know if there will be time for anything "Else".. :D

Unfortunately we wont be able to hit the prairies as we are flyin out, but im sure Banff holds its fair share of beautiful caches!!

Thanks all for the great updates! lookin forward to an excellent Canadian getaway!

I wanted to offer my travels to any Travel bugs that are headed out west (or back east for that matter) to try and get them out of the "GTA TB Black Hole" :blink:

I also wanted to get anyones opinions on good caches in that location.

I do know of one that's trying to go East. Maybe I'll go drop it off up there. While you are in Banff, you should do the Tunnel Mountain hike. It's a fairly easy walk and there are 2 caches at the top. Also the Sulfur Mountain Gondola hike is amazing once you get to the top and you can even take the gondola down for free! (Virtual GC134E). You should also go for a drive to Lake Louise. It's a beautiful area and there are a few up there that are pretty easy to get.

Have fun in the Rockies! :lol:

Gilles

p.s. My favorite place to eat up there is Coyotes, and if you want beer, try "The Gate".