Dnf- Multiple Attempts

Trolley Line #9 Took me three attempts to find, and even so, it was Fergus who spotted it, and not myself. The problem was that we were puting too much trust in the GPSr, paying too much attention to the coordinates, and not enough to the description and hint.

We didn't pursue this one with a passion or anything - it was too far away to visit too often - but we'd make an attempt whenever we found ourselves in the neighborhood loking for another cache.

We eventually managed to locate the thing, ad considering the hide, we felt awfully silly for having missed it twice before.

Its a Ringer

The final leg of this multi took me forever!! I think I came back at least 5 different times, with 5 different people. :D This guy loved decoy caches. One decoy was so good, it could have qualified for a cache in itself. As it turns out (as always), it was there the whole time.

Edited by Nappy10

This one a tough one in snow! took me 4 times as I was still very new and the snow was not cooperating with me. I only logged it as a DNF the first time, as I was waiting for the snow to melt somewhat -- not that I didn't try to find it a couple more times. I even went out there with a cacher who had previously found it, and we couldn't find it. But rather than decide it was gone, I persevered!

This one tricky, tricky also took 3 tries to find, but I did not log it as a DNF. Went out 3 times on the same day, eventually finding it. Reading past logs and having working batteries in your GPS does help!

Bec

How many times have you gone looking for the same cache and been unsucessful? Are there any cache's out there that just seem to stump you?

There is one near my home- and for the life of me, I cant find. Other cachers seem to have no problem- but try as I might- I cant get it.

One multi-cache in a cemetery near work took me 8 separate attempts spread out over a year, and then I stumbled on the actual cache by accident checking combinations and permutations of coordinates that were supposed to lead to the next clue.

It was get numbers off a headstone, calculate coordinates for another headstone, get info off of it, figure new coordinates, and so on.

Since then about 3 or 4 other people have "found, but not really solved".

Nope, it wasn't "container is wooden box 6 feet long, 2 feet wide. Contents include logbook, pen, and decaying corpse" - :tired:

Could just see such a log - "Took left arm with beautiful ring, two teeth with gold crowns. :unsure: Left McToy. Signed log. Still can't get the adipocere stains out of pants knees." :tired:

:unsure:

Another one (in a park) :D took 3 tries, and then I found remnants after it was vandalized or muggled on the 4th attempt about a month later. Never did figure out the true hiding place.

That guy deserves .. mmm.. I don't know what but he deserves something.

My greatest :unsure: ever was six visits, but very few of us found it on the first time.

It wasn't that it was a great hide either-the coords were off by just enough to be outside normal searching range and it was a heavily wooded slope that blocked half of the sats. as well. :unsure:

16 to stage one of a cache... 4 at stage 2 and got stage 3 in a sincle shot.

all 3 stages were about 1/4 mile uphill.

this cache i had hints for and actually was so disgusted i stopped caching for over 6months before going back a final couple of times and tagged it.

Edited by ralann