Anyone Have Any Pocket Pc Software?

ahren

looking for something for my gps. I just got it today and it came with no software.... Wondering what is popular for mapping and auto routes... I have an ipaq if that matters.

THinking about Fugawi.... cause it has maps of central america... anyone try this one out?

Is there any program that would let me use Garmin Mapsource on my Ipaq? that would be ideal.

ahren

ahren:

I've been using Mapopolis for quite a while and am well pelased with it. With the GPXtoMaplet software I can take a GPX file and convert the waypoionts to pushpins on the maps I have loaded.

The software should work along with your gps to give you real-time mapping and routing, but I haven't tried this feature yet. Cables for a Dell Axim are rather pricy! However, I've used the software to get me where I'm going on several occasions and I haven't had the need for a paper map since.

I understand that the software isn't as handy for Plam-based users, but the PPC version is great IMO.

- Mark (S-4-C)

What strapped-4-cache said....

and also get GPX Sonar lets you view cache pages on your ppc.... I load up pocket queries for an area, and then I can go paperless-always have the cache pages with me, can decode hints when I want, and make field notes relevant to individual caches that we've searched for.

Whoops! I should have mentioned GPX Sonar as well. Great little app.

Since I went paperless I haven't looked back. I still keep a paper notebook with me for field notes, but that 's just so I can have something tangible to look back thorough occasionally when I want to remember my thoughts while going after a particular cache.

- Mark (S-4-C)