Morse Code Cache

We just found a really cool cache (FTF, actually  :)  :D  :D  :D ).

Anyways, to get the coords to the cache, you had to decode morse code.  Has anyone ever tried this before?  It was a really fun challenge for us.

Do you have link for the cache.

I might set one up like that in my area, My be interesting, my CW (Morse) skills are kind of rusty.

Dah Dit Dit Dit Dit Dit DIt Dah Dah Dit Dah Dit Dah Dit Dit Dit

Edited by JohnnyVegas

.. -.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. -. - .-. . ... .. ... - .-.-.- .-- -... ----. --.. .... -.-.

.... . .-. . .-.-.- .. -- .- .... .- -- .- -. -.. .-- . ..- ... . -- --- .-. ... . -.-. --- -.. . - --- -.-. .... .- - .-.-.- .. -- --. --- .. -. --. - --- -.. --- - .... .. ... .... . .-. . .. -. -- -.-- .- .-. . .- ... --- --- -. .-.-.- - .... .- -. -.- ... .-.. --- .-. ... .... .- .-. .. -. --.

--. .. -. --. . .-.

Nearby we have Arpy's Re-Morse which gives much of the description of the cache in morse code. They do give a cheater hint that allows easier deciphering, though.

Would love to say it's a great cache! But when my dad & I went to try it a few weeks ago, he plopped himself into a creek/muddy bank and we aborted. I think you can see his write-up if you look for the log by Tuck-A-Way.

CW MIDI

is a simple program to convert text to morse audio. You can set the speed and a couple of choices of tone frequency.

CW Get

is the best morse code decoding software. This is a functional shareware. Use a mic on your sound card. You can use a laptop to listen to the code from another computer, or record it first on a recorder and play back into your mic...... or decode by ear......

Comments: Those of us that use morse code on the air, call it CW (continuous wave.) It is a true universal language. I have had contacts with people in over 160 countries using morse code. Just think, they can all communicate using only one common language.

I have had one out since last year titled They Live Among Us. What evilness that I did was I copied all the Morse code to a jpeg so that you can't cut and paste it to a Morse Code translator. Not many people have done this cache because of the code and the fact it is a mystery/multi but I have gotten great reviews from the cachers who have done it!

Darkmoon

Wow this is so cool how people think alike. I have not been on since (Welcome back; your last visit was on Jun 18 2004, 12:27 AM ) and just posted a Morse Code Cache like the ones being talked about here. "History of Morse Code" Use waypoint: GCK4CD. My dad use to be a ham operator "W4DRZ" and he was really good at it. I have to use the internet to do the translations. I had a friend tell me about this forum and I just had to check it out. Also working a new one with Braille for the cache cords. Will have to see if there are any more out there. Happy Geocaching.

legna and sOulbAit