the geocaching chat room...

welch

FYI: Someone was using Netscape 4.7x on Windows 95 and successfully using the Java chat, and I tried it out using Mozilla 1.0 Release Candidate 1 with the latest Java from Sun. So, Netscape works, and if you have any problems, I can try to help.

We don't need no stinkin' applets!

You can always use a full featured IRC client like I do and avoid all the problems associated with java applets running on different OS's. Unfortunately, I can only last about 29 minutes per session. Can anyone spare 10 bucks? :-)

quote:
Originally posted by MrGigabyte:

You can always use a full featured IRC client like I do and avoid all the problems associated with java applets running on different OS's. Unfortunately, I can only last about 29 minutes per session. Can anyone spare 10 bucks? :-)

dadgum MrGigabyte, I woulda been able to help you but I'm now broke after buying all those Canadian Geocoins (free plug).....lol

Pondering another larger purchase actually, so maybe you'll be able to register that IRC client after all...lol icon_wink.gif

Cheers, cliffy

quote:

dadgum MrGigabyte, I woulda been able to help you but I'm now broke after buying all those Canadian Geocoins (free plug).....lol

Pondering another larger purchase actually, so maybe you'll be able to register that IRC client after all...lol icon_wink.gif

Cheers, cliffy

quote:

Get Trillian, it's free. icon_smile.gif Did mIRC start limiting your time connected if you don't pay?

AtP

quote:

Get Trillian, it's free. icon_smile.gif Did mIRC start limiting your time connected if you don't pay?

AtP