My Approver Is So Cool!

fly46

We've been a bit spoiled Down Under, I must say. In both Australia and New Zealand, I've often had caches approved within the hour, sometimes with an email to clarify or correct some point (so I know it's not just an auto-approval script!)

It helps that it's a small community, so they usually know the placers, even if only by reputation.

I don't know who my approver is, but I submitted a cache on July 3, and I'm STILL waiting for it to be approved, or at least for any form of a reply!

For your home state of Louisiana, the volunteer cache reviewer is mtn-man. Perhaps you could check with him? I just looked in the Louisiana new cache queue and there is nothing there from you. Did you hide it in another state, or using a different account name? Or, it could be that the system did not receive and accept your submission. Did you receive an e-mail confirming receipt of your new cache report?

Puzzled,

Keystone

Sorry Inventor Dad. My life has been just about as upside down as it could be lately.

I was thinking about your cache as it relates to whether it would qualify as a virtual or not. I needed to do some research. I also asked a couple of people about it. Your church was in fact not the smallest in the world, so I did not approve the cache. I have sent you a link via the archive note on the cache page about the target of your cache. I don't know if a church like that would be a virtual cache anyway to be honest.

Ironically, I replied to your email from today about 20 minutes after this post. I just noticed the post here and wanted to reply.

Moun10Bike is definately still reviewing caches. He just does a smaller area now, sort of like all of us. A new reviewer was brought on for your area.

Gotcha all beat! I clicked the submit button on my last cache and then immediately uploaded a picture to the page. It was approved when the cache page popped back up, definitely less than 5 minutes. Dont ya'll worry though, he does watch and asks questions when needed! 9Key is the man!!! :D

Got you all beat.  My cache "Schrodingers Cat" was approved before I even submitted it... :tired: Of course, I can't tell if anyone has signed the log -  that would ruin it...

Seriously though, did Mount10bike stop being an approver, or just a local approver?  Either way, I'm sure it was a great loss to his covered area...

I managed to log this cache even before it was approved. Pity nobody was around to hear the tree fall... :unsure: or the penny drop

Ps don't forget the umlauts ... ö ... :unsure:

Edited by bexybear