Something Fishy

shunra

Why does GCJY7B show up in my PQs, which is limited to active caches, but when I click on the link, it tells me it isn't approved yet?

I was going to ask the same thing. I have a query that only returns active caches that haven't been found yet and it had GCJZG4 when I ran it as a search, but when I click on it, it says it has not been approved yet. It sounds like some bug has creeped into the pocket query code. "Hey Signal! Look, a bug. It looks yummy."

--Marky

Edited by Marky
No...its not in the PQ code. It happens on a reqular zip code search too. There must have been something that changed in the last day. Do a search for zip: 59405 and go to page 3. The "New" GCK029 cant be viewed either.

Yeah, your right, it's not just a PQ thing.

--Marky

I wandered into the forum wondering about the same problem, having seen the same cache Marky had in one of my PQs. Nice to see te answer already waiting for me.

(Meanwhile, while we're posting here and thinking that we know right around where it will be anyway, Winini or workerofwood are out going for the FTF on it. :P )

Well, turns out the problem occured this morning when I rebooted the PQ generator. The caches ended up not being rebuilt after they were updated. I'll be running through the logs to make sure they do get updated. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

That's odd... At about 1300hrs PDT I got a server error message (too busy or something like that) then after hitting 'refresh' in my browser about 2 minutes after that, the page for GCJZG4 showed up as if it had been approved, with coords, description and all that. Now when I try to bring it up again, it's back to "Sorry, you cannot view this cache listing until it has been approved." :P

(edit for typo)

Edited by Team Nazgul
I wandered into the forum wondering about the same problem, having seen the same cache Marky had in one of my PQs. Nice to see te answer already waiting for me.

(Meanwhile, while we're posting here and thinking that we know right around where it will be anyway, Winini or workerofwood are out going for the FTF on it. :P )

What do you mean you think you know where it is? It's here in Washington, and Workerofwood is in California...

What do you mean you think you know where it is? It's here in Washington, and Workerofwood is in California...

You used in GCJY7B your example at the start of the thread. Mark responded saying he saw the same thing for GCJZG4. I chimed in and said I had noticed the same thing that Marky did with GCJZG4.

And thanks to Jeremy for quickly "workin' on it" as always. Why don't I ever get such good customer service when I'm actually paying for it??? :P

While attempting to reconcile my finds, it seems that my list of logs has one fewer cache. The missing one is GC2221 which has the "Error has occured [sic] because cache is not yet approved."

Is this the same problem as discussed in this thread, or is someone trying to revive an old cache?

Thanks,

Team Geo-Jedi

p.s. after this long awaited reconciliation, please delay adding archived caches to PQs for at least another several months :)