Improved Export From Gsak To Memory Map

roolku

2. There is also a problem with quotations in cache names, but I'm not sure if this is an easy fix or not. The tooltip that pops up for the cache when you hover the mouse over a cache with quotes in the title are blank and the hyperlink in some cases fails, but not always.

I don't appear to have the quotation mark problem you mention.

I've just tried it on 7 caches of various types and they all appear OK. I do enter the quotation marks in the "problem characters to remove from description box" in the GSAK custom export dialogue window. This seems to remove them from the cache name.

I also use %code %name in the "Waypoint description format" box. This gives me both the gc code and the cache name in the mouseover pop up.

HTH

Maybe it's me but I exported files in GSAK to a MM csv file then imported into MM. No fancy script.

As you export your GSAK files, a dialog box appears and there is a box which is called: GPS Symbols.

In this box it shows

Found=Circle

Not Found=Flag

etc

However, when imported the Placed and Archived caches show up as Square and Skull n Cross Bones which are not the ones listed in the box BUT with one export and one import, the caches show up with different icons. I thought this was a standard feature.

Comments

If you look in the csv.xsl script for the first line that reads:

<xsl:value-of select="gpx:name"/>

and replace it with:

<xsl:value-of select="concat(gpx:name,' ',gpx:desc)"/>

This will work, but a more flexible way is to use the fields in the export dialog box. My currently looks like:

gsakexport.jpg

but I am sure it can be even more improved.

Cheers

Roolku

Every time I try to download this script I get 404 not found, is your webpage down and do I have to log it as a DNF?

Whoops. I seem to have accidently removed it from the we server. Now my current version is online. Various little changes, most I can't remember. :santa:

Have fun

Roolku

...noticed that Owner was set to

<xsl:when test="Groundspeak:cache/Groundspeak:owner='roolku'">

This line appears in two parts of the xsl file

I have now changed this to reflect who I am :santa:

With the current version, this only needs to be done once near the top of the file:

<xsl:variable name="me">roolku</xsl:variable>

It now also matches caches you have set with somebody else, but as a side effect, if your name is a subset of somebody elses name it will show their caches as owned as well.

Cheers

Roolku

With the current version, this only needs to be done once near the top of the file:

<xsl:variable name="me">roolku</xsl:variable>

It now also matches caches you have set with somebody else, but as a side effect, if your name is a subset of somebody elses name it will show their caches as owned as well.

Cheers

Roolku

Could you use the number which GC.com gives you; that would prevent any spurious caches being added as your own?

You can find this number by floating your mouse over your name here and looking at the bottom left of your browser

Milton (aka Moote)

Edited by Moote
Maybe it's me but I exported files in GSAK to a MM csv file then imported into MM. No fancy script.

As you export your GSAK files, a dialog box appears and there is a box which is called: GPS Symbols.

In this box it shows

Found=Circle

Not Found=Flag

etc

However, when imported the Placed and Archived caches show up as Square and Skull n Cross Bones which are not the ones listed in the box BUT with one export and one import, the caches show up with different icons. I thought this was a standard feature.

Comments

Lester,

Using Roolku's excellent script you can have icons that depict the type of cache, whether you placed it, have found it, not found it, whether it contains TB's etc. not merely the blue dots :santa:

I've sent you a PM with a demo JPG that shows some of the capabilities.

If you look in the csv.xsl script for the first line that reads:

and replace it with:

<xsl:value-of select="concat(gpx:name,' ',gpx:desc)"/>

This will work, but a more flexible way is to use the fields in the export dialog box. My currently looks like:

gsakexport.jpg

but I am sure it can be even more improved.

Cheers

Roolku

Any chance you can put these settings in a text file so we can download it...............saves typos?

And there is no readme in the zip file now?

WoodSmoke

Any chance you can put these settings in a text file so we can download it...............saves typos?

And there is no readme in the zip file now?

WoodSmoke

Unfortunately I lost the original zip and so I had to create a new one from the working script in my gsak directory. If somebody still has the readme.txt - could you post it to me (roolku at blueyonder.co.uk) and I will update it to reflect the changes & include it in the zip again.

Cheers

Roolku

Hi Rolku,

It's all working now thanx :-)

I have one small buglet.............I can only seem to save the file to a root dir of a drive?

If I use another location it goes through the process to completion, but no file is produced? I have searched the whole of my HD for the file.

Any ideas?

Is it your script or GSAK?

WoodSmoke

Hi Rolku,

It's all working now thanx :-)

I have one small buglet.............I can only seem to save the file to a root dir of a drive?

If I use another location it goes through the process to completion, but no file is produced? I have searched the whole of my HD for the file.

Any ideas?

Is it your script or GSAK?

WoodSmoke

It's ok, I've sorted it.....................put the path in "" :-)

WoodSmoke

;) What an excellent prog this is and thanks to Stuey who sorted it remotely for me

If anyone hasn't used the Remote Assistance tool in XP Pro, you should! It is very very cool, allowing one person to control mouse and keyboard on someone elses PC. I configured Dave's PC from the comfort of my own seat here at home :huh:

(EDIT to add... this type of technology only works once or twice, then the knowledge needs to be passed on ;).... a bit like pyramid selling ;) )

Edited by Stuey
Cool piece of work here.

I do have a slight glitch in that not all the icons show on the pda with some coming out as blue dots.

Any ideas?

There was something about this problem, I thought it was this Thread but must be another one as I can't see the answer, but it was something to do with the names of the cache types in the xsl file this is how that section of the xsl file should look:

<xsl:when test="Groundspeak:cache/Groundspeak:type='Other'">

<xsl:text>1</xsl:text>

</xsl:when>

<!-- Event -->

<xsl:when test="Groundspeak:cache/Groundspeak:type='Event Cache'">

<xsl:text>01</xsl:text>

<!-- Letterbox -->

<xsl:when test="Groundspeak:cache/Groundspeak:type='Letterbox Hybrid'">

<xsl:text>02</xsl:text>

<!-- Locationless -->

<xsl:when test="Groundspeak:cache/Groundspeak:type='Locationless (Reverse) Cache'">

<xsl:text>03</xsl:text>

<!-- multi -->

<xsl:when test="Groundspeak:cache/Groundspeak:type='Multi-cache'">

<xsl:text>05</xsl:text>

<!-- virtual -->

<xsl:when test="Groundspeak:cache/Groundspeak:type='Virtual Cache'">

<xsl:text>08</xsl:text>

<!-- Web -->

<xsl:when test="Groundspeak:cache/Groundspeak:type='Webcam Cache'">

<xsl:text>09</xsl:text>

<!-- Earth -->

<xsl:when test="Groundspeak:cache/Groundspeak:type='Earthcache'">

<xsl:text>10</xsl:text>

<!-- unknown -->

<xsl:when test="Groundspeak:cache/Groundspeak:type!='Traditional Cache'">

Milton

I do have a slight glitch in that not all the icons show on the pda with some coming out as blue dots.

If memory serves me correctly, the blue dots are temporarily unavailable caches that have TBs in them. There is an icon for temped (red) and an icon for caches with TBs (with a little square in the corner) but not for temped with TBs.

To be honest, I don't find it a problem as I generally filter out the unavailable before plotting on memory map anyway.

T

Edit to add - there seems to be one for multis theat are temped with TBs but not others - how curious.

Edited by Pengy&Tigger
Just to add a map showing all temped with TBs08248bdc-b949-4485-808a-ad01fc9f7890.jpg

The multi and the ones I have found are ok, but all others come out as blue dots.

P&T

I think your script might be the old one, I Know Roolku answered a problem recently about the blue dots, I remember that Letterbox caches were coming out incorrect and he fixed the issue and identifed others also.

Milton (aka Moote)

this is more or less what you need to know from the read me

So if you are still with me, here is the quick guide on how to use it:

1) get msxsl.exe from microsoft and copy it into GSAK directory (usually

C:\program files\gsak)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...E9-DB4816552E41

2) if you don't have internet explorer 6 you will need to get MSXML 4.0

and install it

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...b6-c5d7485f2b42

3) get the zip file from my website

http://roolku.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/gsak2mm.zip

4a) put the xsl script (csv.xsl) in the GSAK directory (usually

C:\program files\gsak)

4b) extract the icons from the zip file to c:\program files\gsak\icons

(if you extract the zipfiles with directories to c:\ it should put

things in the right place automatically)

5) open the file csv.xsl and edit line 5 to contain your personal

geocaching id instead of the 217511. This id can be found by floating

your mouse over your name in the forums here and looking at the bottom

left of your browser.

<xsl:variable name="me">217511</xsl:variable>

6) in GASK open "File/Export/GPSBabel custom export" and enter the

following values:

Waypoint name: %typ1%con1%drop2%notGC%code

Problem characters: ",

Waypoint description: %typ1%con1%drop2 - %name%notGC%code - %name

Statement to run: "c:\program files\gsak\msxsl" "c:\program files\gsak\temp\babel.gpx" csv.xsl -o c:\geocache.csv

Experienced users might like to adjust some of the settings to their

taste, especially Waypoint name/description using the usual gsak shorthands.

7) click <Generate> and you should get a geocache.csv file ready for import into memory map

Edited by lost it

The version I am using can display offline web pages on your PDA when you tap on the icon, really cool :P

Here is the block of code

Replace this section

<xsl:text>", "</xsl:text>

<xsl:value-of select="gpx:url"/>

<!-- extra flags: edit y to n if not required -->

<xsl:text>&decrypt=y&pf=n&log=y</xsl:text>

With

<xsl:text>", "</xsl:text>

<xsl:text>\Storage Card\Cache\</xsl:text>

<xsl:number/>

<xsl:text>.htm</xsl:text>

Not my work but the work of The Royals

You then need to run a GSAK HTML export and drag it onto the root of the storage card

N.B. Some devices call their Storage Card - SD Card amend as required.

Moote

Excellent work, many thanks for that, just wish i could understand it :grin: .

A couple of questions:

1) What would I need to do to stop trad micros being in a category of there own ie just get the traditional cache icon.

2) We use the "other" category to list additional waypoints associated with a cache ie additional points on a multi/puzzle or parking. It would be useful if we could either exclude any related to owned / found / unavailable caches or have 4 separate categories for "other" so we can filter them in MM

1) What would I need to do to stop trad micros being in a category of there own ie just get the traditional cache icon.

Remove these lines (2 seperate blocks of four lines):

<!-- micro -->

<xsl:when test="Groundspeak:cache/Groundspeak:container='Micro'">

<xsl:text>04</xsl:text>

<!-- micro -->

<xsl:when test="Groundspeak:cache/Groundspeak:container='Micro'">

<xsl:text>Micro</xsl:text>

4 separate categories for "other" so we can filter them in MM

Let me know what you call them, and I will look at it for you.

You're the man / woman :anibad: , that worked a treat, many thanks.

As for the names for the others category, just the standard Found / Unfound / Owned / Unavailable would do nicely with no extra icons required. The icon currently used I assume is a standard MM icon, what would I need to do to change this?

When I run the script on 12000 waypoints it takes about 15 minutes to complete, is this normal or do I need to put more coal in the puter? When I run my own GSAK macro to do the same (but knowhere near as refined) it takes less than 1 minute to complete.

As for the names for the others category, just the standard Found / Unfound / Owned / Unavailable would do nicely with no extra icons required. The icon currently used I assume is a standard MM icon, what would I need to do to change this?

What would be good is if the "Others" category could be handled in the same way as all the other categories, ie if found, unavailable or owned they are included in those groups in MM so if you hide all found caches the found others are also hidden. If unfound they would be included in the Others group.

What would be good is if the "Others" category could be handled in the same way as all the other categories, ie if found, unavailable or owned they are included in those groups in MM so if you hide all found caches the found others are also hidden. If unfound they would be included in the Others group.

First thing to do is back up your file !

Find the block of lines

<xsl:if test="count(Groundspeak:cache/Groundspeak:travelbugs/Groundspeak:travelbug)>'0'">1</xsl:if>

<xsl:choose>

<!-- Other -->

<xsl:text></xsl:text>

<!-- owned -->

and delete

<!-- Other -->

<xsl:text></xsl:text>

Then find the block of lines

<xsl:text>, "</xsl:text>

<!-- Other -->

<xsl:text>Other</xsl:text>

<!-- owned -->

<xsl:when test="Groundspeak:cache/Groundspeak:owner/@id=$me">

<xsl:text>Owned</xsl:text>

<!-- found -->

<xsl:when test="gpx:sym='Geocache Found'">

<xsl:text>Found</xsl:text>

<!-- not available -->

<xsl:when test="Groundspeak:cache/@available='False'">

<xsl:text>Unavailable</xsl:text>

and move the top four lines to the bottom of the block so it reads

<xsl:text>, "</xsl:text>

<!-- owned -->

<xsl:when test="Groundspeak:cache/Groundspeak:owner/@id=$me">

<xsl:text>Owned</xsl:text>

<!-- found -->

<xsl:when test="gpx:sym='Geocache Found'">

<xsl:text>Found</xsl:text>

<!-- not available -->

<xsl:when test="Groundspeak:cache/@available='False'">

<xsl:text>Unavailable</xsl:text>

<!-- Other -->

<xsl:text>Other</xsl:text>

This separates the "other" caches into other, owned, found and unavailable.

If you add the lines

<xsl:text>IC01,31,"c:\program files\gsak\icons\OwnedOther.bmp"

</xsl:text>

<xsl:text>IC01,11,"c:\program files\gsak\icons\FoundOther.bmp"

<xsl:text>IC01,41,"c:\program files\gsak\icons\UnavailableOther.bmp"

<xsl:text>IC01,21,"c:\program files\gsak\icons\Other.bmp"

to the block of icons at the top of the file, and design your own icons for OwnedOther.bmp, FoundOther.bmp, UnavailableOther.bmp, and Other.bmp in your GSAK\icons directory all should work how you want.

If not PM or email me, as I am feeling guilty that we are hijacking a thread :o

Apologies to all who are not interested, but I thought that one or two may be following this, so I put it up for the world to see.

2) We use the "other" category to list additional waypoints associated with a cache ie additional points on a multi/puzzle or parking. It would be useful if we could either exclude any related to owned / found / unavailable caches or have 4 separate categories for "other" so we can filter them in MM

Been overtaken now by the new GC features (when we get our heads round them)