Alaskan Tb Resuce

Maxine&Me

My elderly father has recently begun to enjoy Geocaching, especially watching the exploits of his first Travel Bug Sammy Eagle. Sammy has been making great progress towards his goal, especially making it to Alasaka, however Sammy has been placed in a desolate cache and could be out of commision for the Fall and Winter months if not rescued soon. He is in a Alyeska Outlook. I would really appreciate the resue of Sammy. If that's not asking enough, I would really like to see a pic of the cache location, it sounds pretty cool ^_^.

Since this is a tough out of the way cache, I will gladly send the rescuer a Kentucky GeoCoin for their collection and rescue efforts.

Edited by Maxine&Me

I'd start by posting a note on the cache asking for the next finder to retreive the travel bug and help it move along. Also, the cache owner seems to be pretty active. You could always ask them to grab the bug before the winter snow kicks in. You still have a month or two for additional visitors before the outcome turns grim.

You got another 8 weeks before the snow flies, so your TB should be able to move on.

I will watch the cache page and if it does not move toward the end of August, I will go up there. Need to bag that cache anyway, just been too lazy to climb and too cheap to pay for the tram. :P