Ideas for placing my first geocache.

Dru Morgan

As a magician and a member of the Magic Castle in Hollywood, I have an idea for a cache placement that involves a magic trick.

(I have removed the rest of this post, as to not give away my idea. I expect it will only take me a couple of days to get this working, as I have come upon a solution. Thanks)

-Dru Morgan

[This message was edited by Dru Morgan on April 24, 2002 at 09:05 PM.]

I like the idea. It's great when we can mix Geocaching with other interests. I think having the person shuffle a deck at home and picking a card would be nice, but I don't know how you would do it. I've watched several magicians on tv do tricks where they "knew" a card I had picked at home, but I don't know how they did it either. Keep working on this. I'm sure it will be a hit.

Dark Skies!

Dru,

I'd like to expand on what Welch said.

You have a very good idea in the making there, and I'd like to see it become a cache someday, so my suggestion, like Welch said, is to find a few caches. Get 10 or 20 finds under your belt. After that, you'll have some other good ideas which may make your first hide all the better.

There are lots of caches in your area (CA has the most caches of any state) and many, many good hiders out there. You can learn a lot from finding a few well thought out caches.

Jamie

Thanks for the replies. The positive responses from the people who actually read my idea (when it was up) and the positive response from the site moderator have convinced me to submit this virtual cache. The responses from those who have not read my idea, while I respect their advice, have only succeeded in keeping this thread going longer. I agree that for my first actual cache, I need to go see a bunch of them to get good ideas about placement, materials, content etc. But, this virtual cache was too good of an idea to wait on. The idea has already been submitted and is waiting approval as you read this. I would appreciate dropping this thread as to not draw any more attention to my idea and spoil the surprise I have in store for the lucky finders. If you must send me your comments to tell me more about why I shouldn't have done this without hearing what it was, then please email me directly.

Again, I respectfully agree with your advice.

Half my life is spent explaining to Christians why I am a deadhead. The other half is spent explaining to deadheads why I am a Christian.

-Dru Morgan www.theheavenlyhost.com