To The Administrator

I submitted a cache called the Monty Python's Holy Grail about a month ago. Origionally we had a few problems finding a caretaker. When we got that figured out, you said the cache would be up in a short while. It has been about a month and there is no sign of a new cache anywhere!! WHERE IS MY CACHE!!! Please E-Mail me at booman004000@yahoo.com Thank you.

Geo Boo

Just to make sure Geo Boo has understood the situation I have emailed him to let him knnow his cache is flying free, although no longer "his" cache. In case there is a problem at his end I copy the text of the post here:

"Ah Yes, Eric, you are the gentleman from Wyoming who set a vacation cache, against the gc.com guidelines, in the UK, and I believe I helped, a very little, to put you in touch with Snaik who kindly agreed to take over your responsibility for maintaining it.

You will find the cache up and running and being found, and enjoyed, by UK cachers. It will not appear on your cache page as, because you are unable to maintain it, it has been adopted by Snaik, and thus appears in his stats.

I hope this explains the situation.

Cheers and cache well,

Eckington"

I submitted a cache called the Monty Python's Holy Grail about a month ago. Origionally we had a few problems finding a caretaker. When we got that figured out, you said the cache would be up in a short while. It has been about a month and there is no sign of a new cache anywhere!! WHERE IS MY CACHE!!! Please E-Mail me at booman004000@yahoo.com Thank you.

Geo Boo

I wish we had people like this caching in the UK who come on every now and then to have a rant at the people who are trying to help them. It's so entertaining when they are made to look like complete @~?><&%$s.

Eckington, your tolerance is astounding.

And while we are about it ! WHERE IS MY CASH ?

GPSr £400

Fuel £300+

Sweat ..10 gallons ….. ( whats the going rate for sweat?)

Family appeasements > £ 500

Holiday to allow me to go looking for Tupperware boxes £1000 +

Tick Drops for dog £20

Cummon Eckiwhitsyourname and Lackisompthinorother …..cough up ! its all your fault !

On an ever so slightly more serious vein……..Email posts can be easily misinterpreted …… this post may have been written “tongue in cheek” …lets be generous and give the “benefit of the doubt” ^_^

Geo Boo

I like to think the best of everyone, as you know (and if you don't, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!?) but rereading Geo Boo's 'rant' I can't detect any hint of tongue-in-cheekiness. I agree that our reviewers have done all they can for this cacher, up to and including bending the rules to accommodate them. It's hard to do rude yet funny without offending someone... And I'd say Geo Boo needs to work on this rare skill. Doubly rare in the USA, if I may generalise and be a little racist for a moment.

There is also the simple fact that if you type 'Monty Python's Holy Grail' in on this page, in the box marked 'By Keyword' the cache in question pops up, quite happily. Oh the irony. Which, for the benefit of our colonial friends, doesn't mean it's made out of iron...

SP ^_^

P.S. It's a chilling (and self-evident and obvious) fact that 1 in every 20 people is in the bottom 5% of intelligence. 1 in every 20 people on Earth is an American.

Woah! Maybe he just over reacted? Didn't think about things logically? Didn't try to help himself?

Let's not hammer him - let us just point out his cache has been set and transferred and he has nothing to worry about.

There is too much conflict in the world to attack one another in this manner.

Let us cache happy together.

The Hokesters...feelin' mellow

P.S. Too much wine tonight ^_^

Ok, perhaps I was a little harsh on our poor cousin from over the pond. I expect to be sued for mental cruelty any minute now...

SP :unsure:

Let's wait till after the November elections, and then we can reaffirm or reconsider our opinions! :lol: ...... :lol:

Elizabeth, who's not an ex-pat for nothing

Simply Paul wrote:
Oh the irony. Which, for the benefit of our colonial friends, doesn't mean it's made out of iron...
Unlike the ironic hiding place for one of your caches - which was made of iron, right?

:P

Bob Aldridge

Steel *is* mostly iron Bob. At least 90% iron, I believe... :o

SP

(It's an old argument based on the interpretation of one of my cache descriptions, which seems to be rolling on, lol!)

Well Geo Boo,

I see that you have found your cache, as you have put a log onto it. Snaik has done the decent thing and left your name on the page, indicating that it belongs to you.

The Approvers have assisted you on getting your cache approved, and yet you jumped off of the deep end, and started shouting about your cache not being approved, when all it would have taken was a search, using the co-ordinates that I can only presume you still had.

Please allow me to put this suggestion to you - Eat some humble pie and apologise and thank those people that have helped you get your cache up and running.

Having recently made the same point in another thread, I find the level of racism in these boards astounding, let alone the amount of bitching, moaning and whining that goes on.

Can everybody take time out for a moment and do the following:

- Firstly, don't have a go at me for opening my mouth and writing to this thread.

- Then, carefully read the point I am making and think about

- Finally, post a concise and constructive answer.

That said, I have read this thread quite late and made the following observations:

- A new cacher, who also appears to be quite young, made a post wondering what became of the cache he placed, and started this thread. Of course, the language and tone used was not the most appropriate nor was it the normal modus operandi in these forums.

- Rather than have the whole process explained to him in a friendly and informal manner, perhaps mentioning diplomatically that there is no need to get on his high horse, he is first given a smart answer, then is shown where his cache is (I'm sure he knows where he put it) and then the admin explains it to him - but not exactly without a hint of sarcasm either.

- Then, enter Simply Paul, who levels not one, but two open racist, stereotypical and quite nasty remarks against him.

- A poster then asks to calm the whole thing down, and Haggis Hunter mediates. Drama over?

No, I don't think it is. The attitude that I see time and again from certain cachers (the vast majority is excluded) on these boards are plain wrong. Someone makes a point, or speaks out of line, and everyone gets out and on a crusade.

I'm not the only one that thinks this - many of the cachers I know never post here, and the reason is always given as bad attitude from other forum members.

There are some great people on here, that are genuinely helpful, but I always think that things are on the verge of an argument.

Having recently made the same point in another thread, I find the level of racism in these boards astounding, let alone the amount of bitching, moaning and whining that goes on.

Can everybody take time out for a moment and do the following:

- Firstly, don't have a go at me for opening my mouth and writing to this thread.

- Then, carefully read the point I am making and think about

- Finally, post a concise and constructive answer.

There are some great people on here, that are genuinely helpful, but I always think that things are on the verge of an argument.

:P I,m sorry you feel that things are always on the verge of an argument , but as one who logs on to the UK forum every day i beg to differ.

I find folks here are genuinely friendly and helpful. :o

It,s rare for people here to get their backs up , but us all being human it is inevitable that this may happen at some point.

Sure , the guy may not realise that he was posting what could be construde as an antagonising topic.(He too is human after all)

I suggest we let the topic die as he should now know the cache is active. ;)

Time for a 23_28_121.gif