Slight Spinner/plucker Problem

welch

Ok, here is my setup, I use spinner/plucker to load my palmiiixe with cache pages. This works well, the only problem I've noticed has been in the last couple days, is that there is this one cache it will not load. Its in the gpx file, because I can view in CJ's watcher program, and the coord. and name display fine in easygps.

I spinner it, use plucker on it, and sync the file to palm. The cache will show up as being listed just like everything else, but whenever I try to open its description it says "sorry, the link you selected was not downloaded by plucker. It was probably an external site, or exceeded max depth....".

I tried changing depth from 3 to 4, changing the IMG thing to just ignore instead of show icon. Did the whole several times and it still keeps doing the same thing. That was when it came in my 'not found/do not own' file. Now that I've found it, its in the 'found' file, so I spin/plucked it, and it still saying the same thing.

Any ideas about what the problem may be?

oh - here's the cache it won't display.

I would guess the background image is the culprit.

I'll have to test that out ;)

edit: ok I changed the background on a nearby cache, but that wasn't the problem.

Of course it was fixed, I'd unstick and try again but im out of PQ for the day. will try tommorrow.

on a side note, is there a way to 'view source' for the image being used as the background on Ely?

Edited by welch
Ok, here is my setup, I use spinner/plucker to load my palmiiixe with cache pages. This works well, the only problem I've noticed has been in the last couple days, is that there is this one cache it will not load. Its in the gpx file, because I can view in CJ's watcher program, and the coord. and name display fine in easygps.

I spinner it, use plucker on it, and sync the file to palm. The cache will show up as being listed just like everything else, but whenever I try to open its description it says "sorry, the link you selected was not downloaded by plucker. It was probably an external site, or exceeded max depth....".

I tried changing depth from 3 to 4, changing the IMG thing to just ignore instead of show icon. Did the whole several times and it still keeps doing the same thing. That was when it came in my 'not found/do not own' file. Now that I've found it, its in the 'found' file, so I spin/plucked it, and it still saying the same thing.

Any ideas about what the problem may be?

oh - here's the cache it won't display.

Welch I have the same problem with caches that are owned by one particular cacher in my area. I tracked it down to how he would list items in the encrypted hints on the cache page. It was explained to me that so called "bad HTML" is used and that Plucker does not like it at all. FizzyMagic was able to have his GPX2HTML just kick those particular caches out of the list so Plucker would not bomb out. I now use GSAK to create the file for Plucker and I end up with the same as you. Cache is listed in the index but no detail. I just have to remember to print out the cache page if I'm going after one of his.

Cheers, Olar