Best Way To Map Australian Caches

martinp13

I too am heading for Australia in October - with my GPS.

How can I get a complete list of coords of any caches in and around Sydney, Cairns, Brizbane and Melbourne? I want to be able to see whic caches are around as we travel and then I can pull the details off the internet in the usual way.

Any help gratefully accepted.

Gordon

Chickened out on buying the very detailed Mapsource maps of Auz. Bought the 'world map' instead, as we are also going to Canada and China next year.

So, now I have:

a) the list of all Auz caches;

:blink: a map (basic) of Auz;

c) a clutch of eager TBs waiting to get to Auz.

COOKING WITH GAS OR WHAT!

We will be looking for caches around

Sydney - only there for a few days,

Brisbane

Cairns

Melbourne.

Looking at the maps there are PLENTY to chose from!

We will be looking out for TBs that want to get to the UK.

Cannot wait!

Just arrived back at home - two hours ago - after six weeks of great caching fun in Auz.

Many thanks to all that have placed cahes we have found - which includes a few 'First to Finds', and special thanks to Philma - who helped look for a missing TB/cache, Tangles who also looked, Cassowary who helped me replace an archived cache, and to various other cachers we have been in contact with during our stay which passed all too quickly.

We have had such a great time! We flew out with a clutch of TBs and have returned with another eager handful that we will release over the next few days.

Already we are thinking about a return visit - this time for a few months.

Sadly, one TB we brought from the UK who was in a global race was lost when the cache Farewell to old Sydney was trashed. That was a painful 'low' in our visit as we had been in contact with the TB's owners.

Once again thanks to all that have contributed to our caching activities while in your beautiful and VAST country! Caching has taken us to many locations that we would not othewise have visited, and added some icing to the Auzzy Hol cake.

Best wishes

Gordon