Middle Us Topo 24k

Garmin's US 24K Topo maps for National Parks are only available for National Parks in the eastern and western U.S. That means Big Bend National Park, which is what I want, is not included. I sent an e-mail to their customer support about a month ago and asked about that. They said they were coming out with one for the central part of the U.S., probably this summer. Anyone heard anything about that? I have other topo maps for my computer and also have Garmin's United States topo, but it is only 1: 100,000. I would love to have some 1:24,000 topos for my GPS V, even if they are only for selected locations......just as long as they are for some of my selected locations. :unsure:

Try NG Topo http://www.trailsillustrated.com/acb/showd...t_ID=290&DID=15

While the maps cannot be loaded into Garmin, you do get Big Bend on your PC and can create Waypoints (I believe) as it's GPS compatible. With their State series, you can also download into a Pocket PC so when you hook up your GPS, you can track you position in 24K on the PPC. I assume you should be able to do it with the Park series but you can contact them to find out for sure.

On second thought I'm not sure if the PArk series is 24K like thier state series. You might want to check those out. Those definitely can be loaded into your PPC with GPS positioning. I've got that for their Northesast maps.)

Alan

Edited by Alan2

I contacted Garmin again to see if there was any news about a possible release date for this product. The tech said the product had been delayed and would probably not make it out this summer. However...and this blew my socks off....he offered to install the appropriate maps on my gps V so that I could have it for our trip to Big Bend if I would send it to him . I decided not to take him up on his offer. I didn't want to take the chance that I would not have the gps back in time for the trip. However, I was awestruck that Garmin would offer to do this. I don't know about other companies, but I continue to be impressed by Garmin's wonderful service.