A Cache Inside A Pseudo Stone/boulder?

Does anyone know of a company or cacher with whom I could acquire one of those fake rock/cache containers? I think I did a Markwell cache in Tennessee once and he had used one...but that was so long ago, I can't be sure.

Anyway, I am planning a stone-theme multicache here in the mountains of WNC and would love to have one of those to incorporate into the hunt!

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Wanderlust

Like this one!

40750_200.jpg

40750_300.jpg

This cache has been in place since Oct. of 2002, so it's held up really well. And while it doesn't look very well camo'd on the driveway, it really blends in when you get it out in the dirt/landscaping, or in a big pile of rocks! ;) It's got a film canister in there, and it's held up well too, and in all kinds of weather.

It's from this cache.

Edited by Pilgrim, Rhubarb, & Sweet Pea
Try this Rockless Rocks they look very convincing, and are big enough to hold an ammo can. One of my future hides is going to be under one. ;)

These sound neat. I tried to do a search for "Coir" and came up with several pages online discussing, um, you know...reefer. And I found lots of places selling Coir mats. Can I buy Coir in the U.S.? Does it have another name? I'm so confused. :P

These sound neat. I tried to do a search for "Coir" and came up with several pages online discussing, um, you know...reefer.  And I found lots of places selling Coir mats.  Can I buy Coir in the U.S.? Does it have another name? I'm so confused. <_<

The coir refered to is composted coconut husks so peat or something like that would work instead. Don't use soil form the garden as any seeds in it would grow and wreck the rock. Hope this helps.

Does anyone know of a company or cacher with whom I could acquire one of those fake rock/cache containers? I think I did a Markwell cache in Tennessee once and he had used one...but that was so long ago, I can't be sure.

Anyway, I am planning a stone-theme multicache here in the mountains of WNC and would love to have one of those to incorporate into the hunt!

Wanderlust

at GeoShop.se

Wanderlust

to best of my knowledge, Grounspeak.com store caries "geo-rocks" that may be just the thing. They come in three colors. limestone, sandstone and granite. Only come in a size suitible for micro

Contact your local septic tank supplier. At a local home and garden show there were several folks there selling fake rocks that ranged in size from 5x5 internal hollow, to big enough for an 11 year old to hide under. The prices weren't great but there has to be someone online making them for these guys!

-Jennifer