Do You Check Your Recent Cache Visits?

I've noticed an interesting behaviour in my outings... For a few days/week after completing a successful find, I check the logs to see what cachers behind me had to say... part of it, I guess, is to see if others commented on whether the cache was rehidden properly. But it still seems weird to me...

Does anyone else do this, or am I just a weirdo? :D

I like reading the logs of a cache before I visit the cache. That's why the 5 log limit in a GPX file leaves me disconnected from what cachers are doing in my area. Once I visit a cache I don't track it unless the hide was very hard, or there was some other unique aspect, (or I left some really cool swag and want to see what happens).

An excetpion is archived caches. I like checking back to see what happened.

I've noticed an interesting behaviour in my outings... For a few days/week after completing a successful find, I check the logs to see what cachers behind me had to say... part of it, I guess, is to see if others commented on whether the cache was rehidden properly. But it still seems weird to me...

Does anyone else do this, or am I just a weirdo? :D

1. You are a weirdo :D

2. I do the same thing. I just like to see what other people had to say about the cache and if they took any of my trade items. I think my trade items are cool and I just like to see if anyone else thinks they are cool enough to trade for. B)

2. I do the same thing. I just like to see what other people had to say about the cache and if they took any of my trade items. I think my trade items are cool and I just like to see if anyone else thinks they are cool enough to trade for. :D

Probably one of the biggest reasons I check, I like to see what items are 'hot' that people trade for. A few times I have seen something in a cache and think to myself that it's kind of borderline geotrash and then, to my surprise, someone comes along and takes it! It's nice to have diversity!

I currently have half of my finds on my watchlist. I know thats only 10 but I still like to see how others fared (and laugh at them if the didn't find it.) So if your a weirdo...I'm friggin crazy. :D

If you're friggin' crazy, I must be completely psycho. I have all my past finds and about 200 more that I haven't found yet on my watchlist. I love to read about others adventures on finding caches that I have found in the past. I also like to keep tabs on caches I haven't gotten to yet in case they go disabled or archived before I get the chance to hunt them. I printed out all of them beforehand so if anything changes, I need to know before I go.

All of my past finds and DNFs are on my watch list, as well. I’m sure a lot of cachers do this. I also read all of the past logs for caches I’ve done. It’s just nice to learn about the experiences other people have had while walking the same trails you have just walked and searching for the same container you have just searched for.

I check all the time! Because I have so pitifully few finds so far, and I like to reassure myself that I actually CAN find something once in a while. Also, I like to leave stuff in micros, even though it's hard. There's almost nothing that will fit, usually... except... STICKERS! I think it's kind of a nice surprise, for the next person to find something, when you'd normally find nothing but the log sheet.

Edited by annekat

:D We're ALL control freaks...or maybe somethin' worse....but at least I don't "watchlist" ALL of my finds, like some of you weirdos. :D

Mattopia has a micro in his hometown, which is an hour from him, but three miles from me. It logs a lot of dnf's , and I have gone over to check it twice. He doesn't mind. The dnf's are because of a "reachin'-into dark places phobia." Does THAT have a name?

If I have an easy day, I bring up my finds and click on a few to check, but it's only to satisfy that need to check and control, not for anything as normal as "seeing what items are hot trade items."

I usually check after the weekend and then maybe in mid-week too. I have a link set up in my favorites that takes me to the chronological listing of my cache finds.

I really enjoy reading what other people thought of the hides and whether or not they took the items I left.

I also like checking back on my DNF's....I'm just a glutton for punishment that way. :D

Bret

I’ll check the ones that I have found. Usually, it’s just to make sure I hid everything well enough, or to see if anybody grabbed what I left behind. I figure that if I make any mistakes dealing with the cache (especially the ones I find without a caching buddy), I can learn from them by reading other logs.