Need Photos For Geocaching Screensaver

For those of you who have not seen my screensavers a quick explanation: Periodically I collect photographs from fellow Geocachers and compile them into a Windows screensaver. This will be the fourth release of 'Hidden Treasure'.

I do not charge any money for the screensaver and will even post it free of charge to contributors. Otherwise I will place it in caches as a swap with the expectation that the CDs will be moved on to another cache once the screensaver has been loaded.

Here's what I'm looking for:

- UK and Ireland caches only

- Just views- no Pics of caching teams (although that may be the theme of a later screensaver)

- Photos taken from April 04 onwards

- Please label the images with <Cache waypoint><space><Cache Name>. for example 'GC1234 A Climb up a hill.jpg'

- Please do not reduce the photos quality. I have broadband so I am happy to receive large files

If you are a contributor I will be happy send you the end product by Email or post you a CD-ROM. If you want a CD-ROM I will need your Name and Address. Otherwise I will provide a download URL.

thanks

Chris

Do you want the label actualy -on- the photo image, or clearly marked alongside the photo in the email? I can do either pretty well, was just wondering if the program that makes the screensaver sticks the labels on top itself. I found one of your savers last year in a cache :unsure: I like just sitting and watching them sometimes

I've collated the photos and I am creating a waypoint file for all the caches that are included. This has proved a little time consuming but it is great to see where the included caches actually are (were in some cases unfortunately).

I have some gaps in the maps however:

-I have no photos for North Wales

-I have no photos for Northern Ireland

-I have no photos for Leeds all the way North to Dumfries is empty,

-I have no photos for Norfolk too.

-The Highlands are also looking pretty sparce. There is some great scenery here!

I an also lacking in Urban shots near caches too so if anybody has some good pic s they would really be appreciated.

So far I have photos of 81 caches. I will produce the Cd when I get to 100.

I have all the addresses of to contributors who have supplied them so they will recieve CDs as soon as I am done.

Feel free to duplicate and use as cache gifts.

Many thanks.

Chris

***I have enough pics now! Many thanks for the contributions***

There are some really excellent photos from all over England, Scotland, Wales and Cornwall.

It will be a large install though- I estimate over 100Mb of pics -about 150 pics in all!!!

Sorry I cannot reply individually to to Emails with contributions (I've alway wanted to say that!).

I recon it will be two weeks or so before the Screensaver is ready (I am on holiday in N. Yorks National Park next week so I will complete it when I return).

All contributors who have provided pics will get a CD in the post after I have re-mortgaged my house <_<

I am a little concerned about making sure plenty of copies are available in the North so if I cannot host the file I will post it to a number of volunteers spread accross the North who have CD Burners so they can duplicate it and use it as a swap.

thanks

Chris