Best Gpsr For $$$

captjackz

There is no single answer, but remember that even the most bare-bones GPSr will give you the features you need. A basic Garmin eTrex is under $100 new, and many people here have found caches with one. In fact, there are a few people who have found large numbers of caches without a GPSr - using topographic maps, overhead photos, a compass, and the cache hints - so you could always try some caches like this with very little money invested, though it's a heck of a lot harder.

I almost agree with Lazy. I think the Meridian Green is the best for the money. For just over $100 you get a good basic GPS that when you want to upgrade you just buy the SD card and map software and you'll have a gps that can hold tons of PQs and a huge amount of maps. I haven't seen the cost benifit of going for the gold or above. But you don't really say how much money you want to spend.

My first GPSr was a Garmin Legend and I was VERY pleased with it. Garmin is also running a $30.00 rebate offer right now when you buy a Legend or other select Garmin units. A brand new Garmin from a retailer (not online) will cost about 175.00 or so (unless you find someone having a sale :)).

The only reason I stopped using my Legend was because I upgraded to a 60cs. A Garmin 60cs will cost you about $375.00 - $400.00. But it as absolutely the best GPSr I have ever used and I LOVE IT! :unsure:

I found many caches with my Legend and I never had any troubles with it. It definitely has 'more bang for your buck' as another poster all ready mentioned.