Archived Caches

Is there a list of archived UK caches anywhere? I am really interested to see if there were any caches near to me that became archived before I started caching and that I have therefore never seen! I have tried the normal search method, It says at the bottom that archived caches will appear as normal in red with a line through them, but none ever appear!?!

Thanks for the tip off, I just did a search and sure enough there was an option to include archived and non available caches in searches. However, on searching the archived caches which I know of didn't appear so there must be a fault with something? does anyone else know of a way I could find a list of archived caches?

Wish there was an easy way ... I've reinstated 2 archived caches...and I only found them by "trawling" ......looked at the oldest caches in the area ...then looked at the profiles of the earliest finders to see caches found ...it shows archived caches ...as I say its a bit "hit or miss".....

Now I think the the gruesome twosome .... "Ekiwhitshisname" and Lactosomthingorother" have special powers in this area ...might be worth mithering them ...(yes Scotsmen can use Yorkshire words ...you qualify by working there for 12 years ) :D

Nope :unsure: I've tried pressing nearest caches on a cache page and no archived ones showed up, I've tried inputting coords, going from waypoints aswell as Postcodes. For some reason none will show up for me! I'm gutted! I do remember that there used to be an option to include archived caches when searching from geocaching.com but this is long gone. How exactly did you manage to see the archived ones Peter, am I missing something? cheers.

The archived caches shown by GCUK are just the temporarily disabled ones, If they have been permanently archived (don't show) then the only way for regular users to find them is to trawl profiles.

I have found by this method, a couple of "banned" users whose caches are actually still out there. I came across this when I found what I thought was an exclusively listed cache on "another" site, I was puzzled why there were lots of logs in the book, but I was the first to find the cache on said site, and the first to log the cache in over a year.

It can be a bit of a pain not being able to generate a list of permanently archived caches, If someone permanently archives a missing cache, rather than temporarily disabling it for a while, it doesn't update the record on GSAK when I load up my pocket queries, and still shows as active. I've ended up going after several caches that are missing due to this.