Any New Garmin Models Coming Out...

storm1

the rebate offer on the legend is soon over so if i'm going to buy one i have to do it by august. but i've heard that in the past, garmin offers rebates just before they disco that model. so i'm worried that if i buy the legend, they will come out with something new.

has anyone heard any rumors? i know that when i asked this question before someone posted some pics of black & white 60c's.

help me make my decision before the rebate ends!!!

If you want too replace your legend, get the 60C, without the autorouting stuff. You can use your existing map software in the 60c that you used in your Ledend GPS. At the point you want to get Autorouting, it will cost at least $150 for a kit that includes other stuff.

Edited in:

I found a 60C for only $369.95 at an online store, without any add-on stuff.

The 60C comes with a USB cable, and software is starting to use USB for uploading and downloading.

Edited by GOT GPS?
If you want too replace your legend, get the 60C, without the autorouting stuff. You can use your existing map software in the 60c that you used in your Ledend GPS. At the point you want to get Autorouting, it will cost at least $150 for a kit that includes other stuff.

The original poster in this thread, storm, doesn't appear to have a Legend.

But if someone were replacing one then the situation would depend on which maps they already had. If they were using MetroGuide-USA v4.01 then autorouting would work on the 60c albeit not quite as well as with the NavTeq-based City Select. OTOH, if they did need to buy City Select-NA then it's available for about $120 and there's no need to "include other stuff" if autorouting on good street maps is all that's needed.

The original poster in this thread, storm, doesn't appear to have a Legend.

But if someone were replacing one then the situation would depend on which maps they already had. If they were using MetroGuide-USA v4.01 then autorouting would work on the 60c albeit not quite as well as with the NavTeq-based City Select. OTOH, if they did need to buy City Select-NA then it's available for about $120 and there's no need to "include other stuff" if autorouting on good street maps is all that's needed.

yes i don't have a gps yet & i had decided that the legend would be what i would get. i would get the 60c if i could afford it but...

so i need to decide before the rebate ends.

Edited in:

I found a 60C for only $369.95 at an online store, without any add-on stuff.

The 60C comes with a USB cable, and software is starting to use USB for uploading and downloading.

Not worth the price. You can get the 60CS for ~$30 more. The 60CS goes for $399 at http://www.jjielectronics.com/. :D

As in the past with the 76 series Garmin came out with units that were a stripped down version of the GpsMap76S. i.e. GPSMap 76, GPS 76 GPS72.

I doubt if they'll come out with better unit. Although maybe,maybe put the 128 meg. memory in it. But that might be all.

I'd go for the 60CS now. It's one hell of a unit, and the color screen is great.

When you go to sell it someday, it'll bring more of a value over stripped,black and white versions.

Garmin just announced new color versions of the Legend and Vista:

autorouting (with basemap, City Select, 24K Topo)

24 MB of user map storage

USB serial port

But these will be considerably more expensive than the current gray-scale Legend.

My advice to storm1 would still be to get the regular Legend if it does what he wants at an affordable price. You can spend forever waiting for the next new product.